Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Are you an emerging technologist interested in solving complex business problems? As a Data Scientist at SAS you will have direct customer engagement where you will provide technical assistance for the data science activities, along with your knowledge of industry segment processes and challenges to do the following:
- Observe the market and the technological innovations around customer analytics, define approach, positioning, software and services combinations to help SAS customers to drive innovation.
- Be on the frontline, leading in the sales opportunities with your domain and technology knowledge.
- Act as a regional Analytics Leader with deep knowledge on Value Propositions around Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Open Source Operationalization, ModelOps & Decisioning
- Working together with new and existing customers to identify and define customer business challenges and advise on how to get them solved.
- Identifying appropriate applications, tools and solutions for targeted accounts.
- Preparing technical demonstrations, proof of concepts and presentations based on client needs.
- Collaborate with customer / partner in developing Minimum Viable Product.
- Build your own brand toward together with SAS as a strong Data Science profile in the market.
- Deliver excellent presentations, demos, proposals and PoCs, leveraging on his/her business acumen.
- Clearly articulates the breadth and value of analytics in respective sectors, and how SAS differentiates on the market
- Works closely with sales executives and consulting management to validate Go-to-market approach to mirror actual Client needs.
- To build industry-based showcase to demonstrate the SAS solution in addressing customer business challenges
- Become technical fluent in SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing, create value cases and demonstration purposes
- Understanding, utilizing, and communicating best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Demonstrating the showcase to the external customer to drive the SAS business value
What we’re looking for
- You have a bacherlor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Math/Statistics, Engineering, or other related quantitative field
- At least 5 years working experience in the data science area
- Programming skills in e.g. R, Python, or Lua . Java, C, C++, C#, HTML, etc. is also relevant
- Hands-on experience in the domain of Analytics, Machine Learning, Open Source Operationalization, ModelOps & Decisioning
- You want to work at SAS to make an impact, driving the adoptions of AI and Analytics in the market.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to communicate complex analytical and technical content clearly and effectively.
- Familiarity with Open-Source software within data analytics and AI
- Familiarity with DevOps, MLOps and ModelOps implementations
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Entrepreneurial— not afraid to take on responsibility and solve real customer problems.
- Highly collaborative, driven by the customer, both technical and creative excellence, and a self-starter. Skilled at bringing people together, highly organized, and has leadership level communication. Possesses strategic and tactical decision-making skills that can weigh business needs alongside technological capabilities.
- An engaging storyteller and mindful listener, attentive to details
We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action