Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you will do
Manages engagements with customers and is responsible for resulting services revenue. Leads sales and business development efforts for broad range of consulting services, such as implementation delivery of industry solutions, standalone services for analytics, modeling, reporting and data management services, IT administration support and managed services, deployment support and management, business consulting and analytics advisory. Develops and maintains relationships with customers and software sales channel to ensure a consistent cohesive and comprehensive message to our customers.
- Responsible for developing business and creating consulting engagement opportunities with customer stakeholders (IT and business/ enablers and practitioners) to ensure enablement of assigned customers
- Manage ongoing services engagements as well as generate new services revenue resulting from continuous engagements with assigned customers
- Responsible for success of analytics initiatives, programs or functions of assigned customers through continuous engagements enabling the customer
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization.
- Ability to create a vision and articulate the value of Consulting Services to CXO level customer stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management (CXO) levels
- Manage services related revenue target including opportunity pipeline/funnel development, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis as well as forecast signed services revenue and resource requirements for proposed services engagements
- Proactively develop and execute services sales strategies to drive software-independent standalone services revenue
- Act as the Lead Consultant responsible for managing new and on-going services opportunities in strategic accounts that are beneficial to SAS as well as to the Customer
- Oversee project management and delivery of ongoing implementations with assigned customers
- Continuously build expertise and advisory skills beyond SAS technology on how to successfully enable and deliver analytics programs for customers
- Spends 50-60% of time in person onsite with customer stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- Experience in Consulting, services sales, and business development. Eight years of experience in sales, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry. Experience in at least one vertical market preferred , e.g., telecom, banking, insurance
- Excellent knowledge of strategic sales techniques; SAS solutions and services, architecture, and resources.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Experience developing services proposals and statements of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic selling and negotiating skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.