As a Cloud Implementation Project Manager, you will support the overall account strategy in the areas of ensuring delivery engagement quality and achieving high customer satisfaction. You will regularly interact with external clients/customers, staff, management, and applicable departments at SAS, and your daily focus is cloud service delivery excellence – and elimination of tasks that detract from that focus.
Cloud implementation project managers focus on the lifecycle responsibilities from contract signature through initiation, build, burn-in, and transition to operations for ongoing cloud support.
- Maintain a service-delivery focus leveraging cloud expertise and the ability to differentiate nuances of SAS solutions.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for the projects, including managing budget, expense management, timely invoicing, receivables tracking and monitoring /managing subcontractor expenses.
- Understand Customer’s hosting requirements.
- Manages SAS Software implementation projects throughout the project life cycle.
- Initiate the environment delivery process.
- Manage expectations, scope, and change.
- Coordinate with technical teams to build out the customer environment swiftly and correctly.
- Build expertise on cloud deliveries, service catalog tasks, and ServiceNow to enable efficient deliveries.
- Monitor project financials and take actions to limit costs while meeting commitments.
- Keep stakeholders apprised of the project status.
- Escalate issues to meet commitments and reasonable customer expectations.
- Ensure Customer and/or Professional Services are onboarded successfully.
- Transition environment to CSDMs as each is operational.
- Lead upgrade and migration efforts for operational projects.
- Perform analysis of business and user needs, document requirements, determine a strategy and develop a plan/proposal for delivery of the project which leads to a client's adoption and improved efficiency or effectiveness.
- Advise clients on solution adoption and integration into business processes based on a solid understanding of client businesses, industries, regulatory environments and markets.
- Drive success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management and stakeholder commitments.
- Facilitate client/customer steering committees related to the broader aspects of the program/project being implemented.
- Resolve issues between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, engaging management as necessary.
- Communicate project goals to those outside the project and engage management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
- Assure overall customer satisfaction through determination and attainment of project success criteria, engagement and discussions with customers and leadership.
- Build relationships with clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a business, marketing, or computer science-related field.
- Overall 10+ Years of Consulting, project or program management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in external, customer-facing project management role.
- Experience as a Cloud Project Manager in a software delivery or implementation.
- Ability to work flexible business hours as required by global customer / business needs.
- Able to meet the associated challenges of different cultures, work practices and time zones.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- MS Project proficiency.
- Experience with JIRA, Service Now or similar ticketing system for services.
- Experience with Cloud project management in Microsoft Azure preferred.
- Knowledge of Project Management practice procedures and tools.
- Strong leadership, project management, communication and facilitation skills (including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues).
- Good problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Ability to communicate with global peers and management in a clear, straightforward and effective way.
- Travel as business needs dictate (up to 25%).
- Experience with full-cycle project management of software delivery projects in a hosted environment.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Current PMP certification.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed