Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Cloud Technical Architect.You will apply expertise in technical architecture and cloud technologies to guide and support sales and business development towards successful outcomes. Additionally, you will contribute to the design of customer solutions and repeatable propositions, applying technical concepts to produce credible and cost-effective architectures that meet the requirements and expectations of prospects and customers.
You will possess the ability to build confidence and trust through excellent communications, consulting and presentation skills. As a member of a global and highly experienced team, you will get the opportunity to develop and enhance your skills and abilities, and to contribute knowledge and ideas that increase customer satisfaction, profitability, and efficiencies in line with the SAS values and business plan.
- Development and pricing of technical architectures for individual sales and repeatable propositions.
- Support the production of compelling collateral that highlights the value of SAS Cloud solutions.
- Input into the design of reusable and repeatable tools and reference architectures to drive efficiency and consistency in sales cycles.
- Liaison between delivery and sales teams to ensure that deliverables, pricing and other expectations are correctly set to ensure successful projects and customer satisfaction.
- Give feedback from sales situations and ensure that the capabilities of SAS cloud facilities and services continue to evolve to meet the needs of the growing market for analytics solutions in the cloud.
- Provide practical guidance in the technical aspects of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction (Sales).
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge of SAS Cloud to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFPs
- Participates in technical training to acquire and maintain an appropriatelevel of Knowledge of cloud technology – both SAS Cloud and external
- Works with Systems Engineers for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or similar.
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies, preferably Azure.
- Experience in the design of cloud solutions – preferably from presales through to implementation.
- Experience of technical sales, systems engineering, applications development, and/or technical architecture.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Commercial awareness, and first-hand involvement in large, complex sales-cycles.
- Knowledge of SAS technology, architecture and resources
- Skills and experience in facilitation and consulting.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Good problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel: 10-20% or as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.