Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Software Developer to to build scalable software solutions geared towards the financial industry. These solutions run large calculations on big data in the cloud.
- Program server side, typically in Go, occasionally other languages
- Do the full cycle: design, implement and maintain your subsection of software for the financial industry
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership
- Support implementation teams on and off site for the SAS Risk portfolio of solutions
- Be involved in all stages of the project implementation plan
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree of higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Physics, Statistics, or similar discipline
- Experience with server-side programming
- Experience with databases
- Proficiency with git
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Experience/Familiarity with cloud tools, Jenkins, Gerrit, other CI/CD tools
- E/Familiarity with cloud deployment and lifecycle, emphasis on Azure
- E/Familiarity with Kubernetes
- E/F with RESTful APIs, emphasis on building new well-designed ones
- E/F on resilient programming
- E/F on parallel computation and large data considerations
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong interpersonal, documentation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong programming skills in SAS or language(s) related to assigned area
- Ability to think analytically and effectively communicate issues and solutions
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- General knowledge of software development tools, methodologies, and principles
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.