Technical Support Engineer
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical support for our business software applications and/or solutions, works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires consideration of a variety of factors.
- Provides technical support for customers who are using or troubleshooting our enterprise-class multi-tier software applications and/or solutions.
- Proactively communicates carefully and effectively with customers and experts across our division during the problem resolution process.
- Routinely sets and manages internal and external expectations and project pressures at all levels of technical and business management.
- Routinely builds knowledge of our products and specialized technical and business domain knowledge. Applies expertise to interpret documentation, to suggest appropriate software features, SAS procedures, products, and/or solutions, and to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex business domain and/or technical problems and business critical issues that involve multiple areas of our system.
- Review’s product documentation and education courses for technical accuracy, consistency, and user’s point of view.
- Suggests, manages, and implements special projects to assist Technical Support, users, or other teams. Might undertake initiatives by using appropriate tools and techniques to benefit the business.
What we’re looking for
- Great service attitude
- Listening actively to others
- Great teamwork
- Adjusts to the listener. Frames message to align with others’ experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to others; translates technical terms when communicating with those who don’t have a technical background.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Some knowledge of operating systems administration (UNIX/Linux, Windows)
- Some knowledge of Unix command lines
- Some knowledge of database configuration and administration
- Some knowledge of networking
- Some knowledge of SAS products and their applications or specialized products related to the assigned area (not mandatory)
- Some knowledge of Web Servers and Web Application Servers
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.