Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Solutions Advisor that can develop web interfaces for our prototypes / client assets. Reporting to the Solution Leaders Manager, the selected candidate will:
- Join and be part of 40+ Insurance Initiative team at Global level, supporting achievement of global revenue targets of the insurance initiative (new software, new services) by cooperating with regional sales, pre-sales and delivery teams and providing them with solutions and assets; this includes the IFRS 17, LDTI, Solvency II, ICS 2.0, Pricing & Reserving topics and related solutions.
- Act under the direction and supervision of the Solution Leaders Manager and collaborate with different customer facing teams.
- The candidate will support risk solution implementation projects, via the development / improvement / maintenance of solutions/assets in both cases:
- As a standalone / locally managed capability (meant to address internal/customer specific requirement
- As an interim capability that later can be incorporated as part of the central R&D offering.
- The candidate will support enablement of sales, pre-sales, delivery, customer and partner teams about the assets SAS provides in his area of expertise and the way those assets are used to address customer needs.
- Technical expertise supply to organization. Provides direct technical support through tool development. Involved as a Technical Expert, focusing on web-based interfaces for the Insurance Industry tools that SAS brings to market
- Enablement of sales, pre-sales, delivery, customer and partner teams regarding the SAS R&F solutions and their application to solve customer business problems
- Identification of industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
- Presales/Post sales asset preparation. Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at all levels of management. Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Open to travel – the candidate will have a global role, covering specific areas that can change over time.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Financial Sector, or in Management Consulting firms related to Financial Sector, or in software companies in the areas of risk management or financial systems. Insurance Risk & Finance – related experience is preferred.
- Extensive experience with programing standards such as
- Web technology stacks (HTTP, Cookies, Asset loading/caching in-mem, …)
- Web services (JSON, REST, XML, SOAP, …)
- JS frameworks/libraries (Node.js, AngularJS, jQuery,
- Database systems (PGSQL, MongoDB, Oracle, ….)
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Specialized knowledge in Insurance Risk & Finance topics in the Finance Industry; able and willing to learn more on a continuous basis
- Knowledge of risk and finance processes under the current regulations and accounting principles. Some understanding of accounting techniques and classification and of actuarial methods.
- Experience with IT technologies to support Risk & Finance processes.
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems mainly in SAS Solutions. Person should a) have already or b) be able and willing to acquire, a good level of technical skills in using SAS solutions, assisting solution implementation teams, demonstrate assets to customers and build prototypes and significant examples to showcase solutions.
- Ability to network inside with the related teams and ability to work in an open environment with formal and informal teams.
- Target oriented and ambition to achieve success in revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Good communicator; both spoken and written.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.