Division: Principal Industry Consultant (Government)
Do you want to work at a company whose software is used by over 130 governments around the globe to improve the efficient operation of government in almost every imaginable context from improving health outcomes to preventing the loss of public funds.
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re collaborating on innovative solutions to customer problems, creating customer experiences or helping to discover answers to critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What We Do
We are the industry-leaders in helping all areas of government solve complex problems to deliver better outcomes for all citizens. We provide software and services to agencies from all levels of federal and state government which helps them manage and extract insights from their data assets to drive evidence-based decision making for refining policies and operational processes as well as supporting critical day to day operations.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Public Sector domain specialist who can help agencies envision how SAS can solve their most intractable problems. You will be working with long-term SAS customers as well as networking with new agencies who are looking to upscale their analytic efforts to enterprise grade.
You will use your background in consultative selling and solution design to support software and services sales opportunities. You will help execute on those opportunities by working alongside creative technical experts and sales team members to craft solutions to address client needs.
As an expert in the mechanics of government you will have an understanding of how diverse clients successfully substantiate their unique business cases for new technology-based solutions in the face of competing priorities.
As SAS continues to grow its presence in the detection and investigation of unusual activity whether that is in the areas of benefits and claims payments, internal procurement, financial aid or other areas of financial or behavioral integrity, your experience in these areas will be particularly well regarded.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Provides direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, customer visits and presentations contributing to new revenue generation.
- Lead ideation and design of appropriate use cases and proof of concepts.
- Coaches the sales force on industry focused account strategies and leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develops Public Sector specific sales strategy that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner. Activities include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Supports thought leadership activities including articles, whitepapers, blogs, speaking engagements and involvement with key industry organizations.
- Leads customer engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre and post sales activities.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and demonstrations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Required to travel on an infrequent basis.
- May create industry-specific strategic business plan and present to executive leadership.
- Provides domain expertise for customer initiatives during the post-sale stages of a project
- Demonstrate product and service capabilities within a customer issue context.
- Leverage extensive network of external contacts for content validation and thought leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Recognized as a thought leader in government circles and has demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Advanced understanding of decision support and operational software systems
- Previous experience in the Fraud Detection and Investigation domain is preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Advanced sales process understanding and facilitation skills
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- Public speaking experience
Requires several years of experience interacting with the Australian Public Service, with at least Baseline security clearance preferred.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.