Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you'll do:
We are seeking a Cloud Business Development Manager who will manage a varied portfolio of cloud and hosting services opportunity assignments:
- Proposals and pricing
- Legal and contracts
- Sales team collaboration to drive revenue
- Part of the greater SAS team of sales and delivery professionals
- Consistent, knowledgeable resource on accounts
- Own forecasts for management reporting
The Cloud Business Development Manager will forecast revenue and identify resource requirements for proposed cloud services engagements. You will lead sales efforts for delivery approaches for different industry solutions on SAS Cloud. You will be responsible for developing and managing the relationship between SAS and current or prospective cloud customers by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies. You will develop and maintain relationships with SAS sales, customers, and internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful positioning of cloud. The Cloud Business Development Manager is responsible for consistent messaging communicated to SAS customers and business partners.
- In coordination with Sales teams, leverage standard methodologies and best practices to develop proposals, customer-specific value propositions, and pricing estimates.
- Participates in contract negotiations for Cloud and Managed Services Offerings
- Work with the account team to proactively develop cloud sales strategies that contribute directly to SAS software, software renewal, and software expansion revenue. Develop and maintain a productive relationship with the SAS sales teams working collaboratively on account goals and objectives including alignment with pre-sales teams and messaging the value proposition to the customer.
- Establish strong relationships with internal SAS stakeholders including Services, SAS Information Technology, Legal, R&D, Customer Loyalty, Pre-Sales, and Technical Support teams.
- Maintain continuity with the customer, SAS account teams, and Delivery project teams throughout the term of the contract/project.
- Manage cloud-related sales revenue targets including opportunity pipeline development and forecasts and management.
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in support of customer initiatives, projects and programs and attends customer steering meetings, as required.
- Construct services road maps for customers describing deployment to maximize software and user adoption.
- Participate in the creation of new services offerings in alignment with sales planning.
- In consultation with SAS management, assist in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote sales and marketing initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers and/or business partners.
- Conduct follow-up with customers and business partners to identify additional business opportunities.
- Keep abreast of SAS product development and marketing strategies and related technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent knowledge of strategic sales techniques; SAS solutions and services, and SAS architecture.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and sales cycles.
- Strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cloud computing and digital transformation.
- Familiarity with Azure services as well as deployment and management of SAS within an Azure tenant desirable.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently; ability to travel as needed to support sales opportunities and SAS events.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Five years of experience in sales, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry. Experience in at least one vertical market preferred.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.