What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for helping to drive SAS’ product strategy for the SAS Customer Intelligence software portfolio. In this high-profile role, you will be responsible for setting product direction and creating a roadmap in alignment with the portfolio vision. With your knowledge of cloud computing and software-as-a-service offerings, you will help grow our global marketing technology solutions. You will be shaping the future of how SAS technologies align with the transformative journey that customers have embarked on to incorporate market-leading analytics into their business processes.
Adaptive planning, journey activation and a real-time decision engine enable our customer to create appealing, moments-based customer experiences that boost profitability and strengthen brand loyalty. You will craft new product features that bring additional, even more powerful capabilities to marketing professionals. As the face of the product, you will play a strategic role in sales, marketing, customer support and enablement. You will communicate product content and knowledge to internal constituents and support the external presence of SAS and our offerings.
- Define and prioritize product requirements based on business drivers, customer inputs, market direction, and field contribution.
- Translate business requirements into technical, functional, and non-functional requirements.
- Define user personas and write use cases.
- Drive product development and collaborate with software development teams based on requirements management, risk management, risk mitigation, and product lifecycles.
- Support product launches as primary content provider to facilitate knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing and sales.
- Present product vision, roadmap, and software demonstrations to internal constituents, customers, and others.
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluate emerging technology and business issues that may present opportunities or threats to the company.
- Serve as a product champion by analyzing external market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user, and capabilities of the platform.
- Explore and establish business partnerships.
- Evaluate opportunities for engagement and participation in open source software projects in areas related to the SAS software portfolio.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- 8+ years of experience either as a software developer or a technologist who has used agile methodologies to deliver software products or technology platforms to market.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- Understand concepts of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and/or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) business models.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage in technical discussions with customers, partners, and industry analysts.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with demonstrated history of making good decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple business units.
- Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling user experiences that exceed customer expectations
- A self-starter with bias toward action and the know-how to balance getting details right while still moving fast.
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with MarTech, AdTech, or Customer Data Platforms.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.