Manages software development & testing for the large UI Application development teams (CDD) for various products and solutions. Responsible for the management and prioritization of software development projects and resources to ensure the achievement of department, division, and corporate objectives.Additional responsibilities include maintainence UI work of old legacy solutions. Driving of department wide technical and non technical intitiatives.
Proven software management/ development / testing experience, which predominantly includes UI enterprise application development using following technologies:
Sound knowledge of CI/CD pipeline & principles.
- Need to be energetic, enthusiastic and should be able to manage changing priorities on an on going basis.
- Should be able to lead by example build and take the central UI development & testing team to next level should posses leadership qualities.
- Need to multi tasks effectively across products and solutions.
- Proven track record of leading individual contributors and Managers.
- Extremely good and effective at status reporting and stakeholder management across products and solutions area.
- Proven experience to work in collaborative environment and in a matrix organization where development & testing ownerships are shared and effectiveness and success of deliverables depends on other technology teams.
- Ability to manage and lead a large team of people. (Please refer to GCF, for more details specific to people management)
- Capability to handle challenges in Remote Collaborative Application Development & testing in AGILE environment.
- Ability to resolve Communication hurdles given that development activity is distributed across multiple teams and some cases in the remote development centers.
- Strong software design, development and automation testing skills with ability to mentor team members.
- Ability to assess the risks with respect to delivery pipeline/milestones and raise these immdeistaely through appropriate channels such as Scrum of Scrums and higher management.
- Should be able to deal with moving targets and uncertainties and be able to define clear and specific objectives/activities for the team and sub teams.
Mandatory Technical/ managerial Skills
- The candidate should exhibit strong technical skills and proven management skills of leading successful team or teams.
- Strong technical communication skills that would facilitate the team to work successfully in a remote collaborative environment with different stakeholders such as Product Management, Project Management, UX, Services.
- Good experience of converting Product Management requirements to Technical requirements, and evaluating alternate approaches for feasibility, advising the stakeholders of comparative pros-cons.
- Good knowledge of AGILE methodology, and effectively representing the team at Release and Iteration Planning, Scrums, Scrum of Scrums, End Of Iteration (with emphasis on removing roadblocks.)
- Should be enthusiastic about driving and participating departmental and organization intitiatives.
- Should be able to lead by example and strong in management skills and should be able to display by example the SAS core values.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Should have passion for UI/client side application development and open to work on mix technology stack and coordinate work with mid-tier development teams of the products.
- Proven analaytical ability and problem solving skills with demonstrated results in Enterprise environment.
- Thorough knowledge multitier application development.
- Sound knowledge of automation testing methodology and frameworks
- Strong commitment to the product development and people management, should be committed to strengthen and smoothn the various teams functioning.
- Should be able to collaborate effectively with product, project and UX , and testing functions effectively.
- Should have experience in contributing to or conceptualizing UI center of excellence in the organization.
- Should be able to lead and motivate teams and showing them the pathway in UI development & testing domain.
Total Years of Relevant experience
20 -25 years
B.E(Computer Science) or equivalent, PMP, AGILE or other certifications would be a plus.