Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a software developer to Join a small, talented feature team owning the design and delivery of new features in SAS’s decisioning platform. With our platform customers can create low-code/no-code automated decisions incorporating machine learning analytical models and business rules. We simplify the ModelOps cycle so that customers can easily develop their models and deploy them into a production environment.
- Take the lead and drive forward the delivery of high-quality new features in collaboration with customers and other stakeholders.
- Develop on a modern technology stack:
- Spring Boot & Go microservices
- Kubernetes managed cloud deployments
- Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP and Red Hat OpenShift platform support
- Fully automated CI/CD pipeline
- Use your expertise to influence technical direction across SAS.
- Help to develop junior team members.
- Participate in agile sprints and help to improve our processes.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and works beyond the boundaries of a specific role to deliver the best SAS experience to our customers. You enjoy working with others to overcome challenges and have great communication skills to ensure a shared understanding. You are thorough and accountable, taking pride in everything you do.
- The must haves
- Significant experience delivering complex features in customer-facing web applications.
- Ideally expertise in both web client and server development but must have a least one and be keen to learn and work on the other.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field..
- Right to work in the UK
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- The nice to haves
- Familiarity with agile processes.
- Cloud development experience.
- Experience with Spring Boot or similar frameworks.
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Python
- Experience integrating with SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience building machine learning models.
- Ability to write SAS DS2 code
Why SAS R&D Scotland
- SAS has been named one of the UK’s best places to work by Great Place to Work® UK for the last six years.
- SAS support hybrid working. Our model offers a flexible working approach that makes sense for you and the team, allowing people the right balance for them.
- 88 of the Top 100 of the 2021 Fortune 500 list are SAS customers or their affiliates.
- Our customers use our software to solve important problems like analysing deforestation, preventing fraud, and improving medical treatments.
- You'll have the opportunity to own, design and lead significant parts of the application stack, in agile cross-functional teams. No matter what stage you're at in your career, you can have a significant impact on SAS and our customers.
- People development is central to SAS - not only do we work with the best people, we develop the best people. We support taking time for training in new skills and provide the resources to make it happen.
- We work in a variety of domains across the SAS software portfolio - there is plenty of opportunity to cross-skill, learn, and work on new things.
- We pride ourselves on our informal and collaborative culture. We operate with the drive and innovation of a smaller company and the resources and support to help realise our ideas.
- SAS provides an extensive benefits package and has an annual performance-related bonus plan
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.