Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Public Sector domain specialist who can help agencies envision how SAS can solve their most intractable problems. You will be working with long-term SAS customers as well as networking with new agencies who are looking to upscale their analytic efforts to enterprise grade.
You will use your background in consultative selling and solution design to support software and services sales opportunities. You will help execute on those opportunities by working alongside creative technical experts and sales team members to craft solutions to address client needs.
As an expert in the mechanics of government you will have an understanding of how diverse clients successfully substantiate their unique business cases for new technology-based solutions in the face of competing priorities.
As SAS continues to grow its presence in the detection and investigation of unusual activity whether that is in the areas of benefits and claims payments, internal procurement, financial aid or other areas of financial or behavioral integrity, your experience in these areas will be particularly well regarded.
- Develops Public Sector specific sales strategy that enables SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner. Activities include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Coaches the sales force on account strategies and leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Supports sales enablement through sales and partner training programs.
- Leads government agencies engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre and post sales activities.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and thought leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team.
- Identifies government industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and demonstrations to government agencies and customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS business unit specific strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Required to travel on a frequent basis.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline
- Typically requires a minimum of ten years of related experience in Government, focusing in strategic initiatives such as Financial Crime Analytics and Law Enforcement Management.
- Specialisation in government sub sectors such as tax and revenue compliance, social benefit program and familiar with financial crimes.
- Experience working in the government sector, or in an advisory position with global system integrators
- Ability to drive incremental revenue
- Demonstrated Industry relationships and credibility
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Good project management and facilitation skills
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- Public speaking experience
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.