Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experience or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical support for enterprise-class SAS business software applications and/or solutions by applying specialized domain knowledge of software usage, features, functions, and interactions among applications and/or solution components.
Do you jump at the chance to thoroughly investigate technical issues and not give up until the challenges are resolved? Then SAS is the right fit for you. You’ll work with experienced mentors and stay on the cutting edge of technology to resolve customer issues.
- Provide technical support for customers who are using or troubleshooting enterprise-class multi-tier software applications and/or solutions, thru an improved problem-solving methodology and by replicating customer environments in order to reproduce and debug problems.
- Proactively communicate carefully and effectively with customers and experts across SAS during the problem resolution process. Accurately document and specify information in the tracking system during the entire track life cycle.
- Manage internal and external expectations and project pressures at all levels of technical and business management including coordinating/managing problem escalation activities and communications.
- Engage with management and other SAS resources while owning escalated situations and driving them to resolution.
- Build knowledge of SAS and specialized technical and business domain knowledge. Apply expertise to interpret documentation, to suggest appropriate software features, SAS procedures, products, and/or solutions, and to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex business domain and/or technical problems and business critical issues that involve multiple areas of the SAS system.
- Suggest, manage, and implement special projects to assist Technical Support, users, or other teams.
- Might undertake initiatives by using appropriate tools and techniques to benefit the business.
What we’re looking for
- 2-3 years of Technical Support experience
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Fluent speaker in German and English
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication
- Very good technical understanding
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to have
- Experience with AWS/AZURE/Cloud infrastructure
- Deployment using Kubernetes and Azure
- SAS Knowledge
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with people of varied technical/analytical backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to handle deadlines in a multitasking environment
- Ability to set and manage expectations internally and externally at all levels of technical and business management
- Ability to resolve user questions through a combination of independent study, investigative programming, and collaborative efforts with colleagues in and outside of own team
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- You will be a member of a highly motivated multinational team with a great opportunity of interaction and socialization.
- A competitive benefit package, training packages, mentorships and development plan.
- Our offices in Heidelberg are in a great location with beer garden and restaurant for our employees.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further