Compute Services – Performance Engineering
Software Performance Engineer
Experience: 5-8 years
As a Performance Engineer in the Compute Services - Performance Engineering team, person will have an opportunity to collaborate with performance engineers, developers and stake holders in Pune and Cary to plan, execute and publish performance results for existing as well as new products. The person will work with cutting edge technologies and tools using industry standard performance tools, methodologies and processes to performance test different products and solutions on customer-centric scenarios.
- Performance test planning, scripting and execution using different industry standard tools.
- Perform load tests, daily regressions, performance tests to validate system and solution performance and stability across UI, API & Component level.
- Automation of daily test runs using scripting.
- Analyzing performance test results, observe and identify bottlenecks using APM tools as well as System level utilities.
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability, and scalability.
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions.
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvement
- Evaluate system performance and recommend improvements.
- Generate periodic performance reports for product stake holders.
- System administration experience on Unix and Windows (Redhat Linux and to a lesser extent, Windows Server 2008 through 2012R2
- Strong experience in performance testing large scale web-based distributed applications & working on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution.
- Scripting/Programming including VuGen and one or more of the following - SQL, SAS, KORN, BASH, PowerShell, C, etc.
- Solid experience in performance testing tools like - Microfocus Load Runner with multiple protocols (Web HTTP or TruClient), JMeter and/or Ranorex.
- Strong working knowledge on APM tool like AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Datadog, etc. and other tools such as Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Familiarity with profiling tools in general and comfortable experimenting with open-source tools.
- Understanding of Containers and Cloud computing concepts – Kubernetes, cloud providers like AWS, Google, Azure, etc.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and email
- Clear and concise English penmanship for creating scorecards, drafting and reviewing papers
- Planning, multi-tasking in addition to strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for making a difference, motivated and self-starter
- Superior problem-solving skills as an individual and team
- Passion and track history of keeping current on state-of-the-art technologies, standards and database/analytics industry
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and with a team.