The role is based in the Pune, at SAS R&D India Pune facility. In this role, you will joining the Customer Intelligence department. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to contribute in development of solutions. You as Data Engineer will join a growing team of analytics experts responsible for expanding and optimizing data, data infrastructure and data processing. Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience, to develop cloud-based Solutions.
- Work Hands-on to design and develop high quality, testable and scalable solutions as per the prescribed timelines.
- Should be able to understand the requirements from the product management and should be able to translate them to the product features using new technologies to solve the business problem.
- Should be able to present the design of proposed architecture to the stakeholders. Should facilitate the selection of correct technical choices via collaboration and implement for scale, performance and usability.
- Should be able to work independently.
- Should be able to implement the architecture with the team and solve complex technical issues.
- Should be able to improve on processes related to quality of the software development. Should ensure and work closely with the development and testing teams to ensure quality software development.
- Perform software Development for Data Engineering/analytics-based core functionality of Customer Intelligence (CI 360).
- Good expertise in architecting and building large-scale data processing systems using Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka
- Should have a good understanding of data lake in the cloud and be able to create data pipelines using different data sources. Construct, test and maintain data architecture to maintain business Any exposure to web analytics is also desirable.
- Skills in applied stats techniques, SQL skills (desirable but not essential), data analytics, knowledge of Stats tools.
- Development experience of Cloud Native Architectures (desirable but not essential)
- Working closely with the agile team (product management, usability analysts, and test)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins & Version Control tools (Git preferable)
- Experience writing complex SQL/Hive queries, stored procedures, etc
- Experience in designing and optimizing data models on cloud
- Experience with integrating data from 3rd party platforms
- Providing ongoing support for software in the field for the solution developed.
- Experience with Agile, specific practices of Scrum
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Proven track record of delivering innovative software solutions
- Experience working with training and documentation teams
- Experience working with Technical Support on customer related issues
Total Years of Relevant experience 2 to 5 years of Strong experience in SQL skills. Exposure to Hive, SAS Programming, Big Data on cloud technologies. Excellent problem-solving skills.