What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
You will be a Developer in the SAS Employee Technologies group within IT. The charter of Employee Technologies is to ensure that global employees have the tools and technologies to be productive and to seamlessly communicate and collaborate with each other. Automation and self-service are key tenants of our charter. As a Developer in this group, you will be directly involved in the execution of tactical and strategic projects that improve the Employee Experience with technology. You will integrate and automate the need and use of technology to drive that experience.
- Automate the implementation, facilitation, and administration of Employee Technologies.
- Work as part of a global team to improve the Employee Experience and create innovative solutions to business problems using development platforms such as ServiceNow.
- Collaborate with other business units and technical teams to understand business requirements and translate those requirements into designs and implementations.
- Design, develop and validate new applications leveraging proven software engineering practices and methodologies.
- Maintain existing applications and technologies as needed.
- Use your technical skills and knowledge to bring new ideas and improvements to peers and business leaders.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge of relational database technologies
- Experience with ServiceNow development a plus
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and to problem solve
- Ability to independently learn how to use new technologies quickly from supplied information and documentation