What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
SAS Scotland R&D is a high-performing research and product development division, working on cutting-edge technologies and products in several key industries including Law Enforcement, Child Protection, Fraud and Security Intelligence, Data Management, IOT, and Financial Risk.
We are a friendly team, and we’ll be offering you plenty of opportunities to develop your career. Interested? Then get in touch to find out more!
What you’ll do
As a Senior Software Developer at SAS R&D Scotland, you will join a driven, fast-paced team building one of our flagship products, SAS Visual Investigator (VI). VI is used in real-world investigations every day by thousands of users at hundreds of customers around the world in a multitude of different sectors, from policing to banking.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact on this integral software through the whole development lifecycle, ensuring high quality design, implementation and delivery of features to our customers. We value people who can bring fresh ideas that allow us to better meet the needs of our customers.
We are at an exciting time in our evolution as we transition to running in cloud environments and adopting a CI/CD mindset. You will join us on that journey and help us to shape our future for continued success.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- Experience with web development frameworks. E.g. Angular, React, Vue, etc
- Great problem-solving skills combined with the ability and drive to deliver high quality software.
- You’ve taken the lead on significant development projects.
- Good knowledge of current software industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Right to work in the UK
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do
The nice to haves
- Familiarity with agile processes.
- Experience with automated UI testing e.g. Cypress, Protractor, WebDriverIO.
- Domain knowledge in finance or policing.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent communication skills in English language.
- You enjoy working collaboratively in a team, involving stakeholders (managers, other developers, testers, UX and Product Management) to ensure we build a great product.
- SAS support hybrid working. Our model offers a flexible working approach that works for the team, and works for you. Throughout the pandemic we supported remote working, and continue to champion a working model that gets the best out of everyone.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS has been named one of the UK’s best places to work by Great Place to Work® UK for the last six years.
- You'll have the opportunity to own, design and lead significant parts of the application stack, in agile cross-functional teams. No matter what stage you're at in your career, you can have a significant impact on SAS and our customers.
- People development is central to SAS - not only do we work with the best people, we develop the best people. Everyone is an essential part of this culture. We make ample time for training in new skills, and provide the resources that make it happen.
- SAS R&D Scotland work in a variety of domains across the SAS software portfolio - there is plenty of opportunity to cross-skill, learn, and always work on new things.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.