Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Advisor who will provide technical and domain expertise during the delivery life cycle.
The candidate will be part of the Insurance Initiative Advisory team under the Risk and Finance Advisory organization.
The Risk Solution Advisor candidate will:
- Be part of a global team that supports achievement of global delivery targets of the Insurance initiative (successful delivery of solutions, customer satisfaction).
- The candidate will be based ideally based in Japan, working with clients in the region.
- Act under the direction and supervision of the Insurance Initiative Head and the Manager of the Team.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise to resolve requests from customers in collaboration with the wider team as well as the R&D developers.
- The candidate will support risk solution implementation projects, contributing to the success of the delivered end product and securing real life feed-back to the SAS R&D, Product Management and RFA teams.
- He/She will collaborate closely with the regional Delivery teams, CxPs, and pre-sales teams and providing them with industry/business risk domain expertise and risk solution expertise mainly concerning Insurance Risk & Finance topics; International Capital Standards/IFRS 17/LDTI/Actuarial Transformation topic and related solutions.
- The candidate will be expected to run workshops to support the training and enablement of sales, pre-sales, delivery, customer and partner teams on the solutions that SAS provides in his area of expertise.
- Delivery and Advisory Support: Leverage knowledge of a domain, industry, and domain- and industry-specific solutions to increase confidence in SAS solutions. Design and create solutions to add value to delivery teams. Address issues/problem management and escalations in the advisory/SME capacity.
- Support to Product/Solution Development/Maintenance: Develop best practices documentation and provide business and technical leadership by contributing and sharing information with peers. Contributes and/or reviews proposals, documentation, publications, and course materials. Be a de-facto subject matter expert, providing guidance and coaching to customer resources to accomplish software roll out. Develop and contribute industry best practices based on the software roll-out and field experiences and use them to help improve the product
- Enablement of sales, pre-sales, delivery, customer and partner teams regarding the SAS R&F solutions and their application to solve customer business problems. Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Customer relationships. Build credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Occasional travel required – the candidate will be required to travel to customer sites when required, as well as participate in regional/global meetings that might occur on an annual basis.
- Support to management of relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Support to Risk marketing. Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team.
- Identification of industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Actuarial Science, Statistics or Finance with programming skills
- Candidates with background in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline with a track record of working in insurance risk management space will also be considered.
- The candidate should be fluent in Japanese as well as English.
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years’ experience in Risk and Finance in the Financial Sector, or in Management Consulting firms related to Financial Sector, or in other supplier companies in the areas of risk management systems.
- Certificates in Risk Management and Accounting Standards are also valued.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes is valued
- The ideal candidate should have programming experience in SAS languages. Candidates without SAS experience will also be considered if they have strong capability in other languages such as Java, C, C++, Python, etc
- The candidate should a) have already or b) be able and willing to acquire, a good level of technical skills in using SAS solutions, to help in solution positioning, assisting solution implementation teams, demonstrate solutions to customers and build prototypes and significant examples to showcase solutions.
- Subject matter expert in risk management topics in the insurance space especially around International Capital Standards or other solvency regimes.
- Knowledge on actuarial valuation and processes will also be valued.
- The candidate should be open to picking up knowledge in Regulatory and Non-Regulatory Risk & Finance management topics with a focus on the insurance industry. He/she will be expected to learn more on a continuous basis.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- He/she should be able to interact with Finance and Accounting managers and CFOs in positioning our current offerings (IFRS 17, Solvency II and risk-based capital calculations, Actuarial modelling for pricing & reserving) and participate to prototyping and then positioning future actuarial and R&F offerings we are aiming to develop based on our IFRS 17 customer base needs.
- Ability to network internally within SAS with the various stakeholders in an open environment with formal and informal teams.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.