Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Risk Principal Consultant (IFRS17), you will lead/provide advisory on implementation of risk solutions and work closely with team members to assess clients’ business needs and translate those requirements into deployment, customization, and implementation of SAS’ Insurance Risk & Regulatory solutions, specifically on IFRS17. Additionally, you will advise clients on data provisioning, analytics, and reporting frameworks relevant to this solution. Your primary focus and day-to-day activity will consist of providing domain and solution expertise to insurance related risk & regulatory delivery projects. You will need to quickly come up to speed on new technologies and stay abreast as to recent trends in the insurance risk & regulatory space
In addition to business and technical advisory on implementation, this role will assist the Consulting team with its responsibilities in presales and proof of concept efforts, implementation training and enablement of SAS consultants and partners, and service effort estimates related to this solution.
- Demonstrate leadership in delivering SAS’ Insurance Risk & Regulatory solutions and implementations to customers. Provide domain and solution expertise to on-going insurance related risk & regulatory projects. Implement SAS solutions for IFRS17, IFRS9 and other related Risk projects.
- Utilizing existing knowledge and continue to develop a strong detailed knowledge of Risk Management, including the continuing industry changes and developments.
- Utilize knowledge of broad range of SAS and third-party technologies/capabilities to design and demonstrate solutions to address customer needs.
- Conduct financial risk analysis, explore, and design creative new approaches to solving real client’s business problems
- Lead functional and non-functional requirements workshops using various elicitation and facilitation techniques to understand solution requirements for risk and finance frameworks. Facilitate workshops to gather requirements and assess gaps in requirements or level of detail required to properly scope and plan implementations. Evaluate customer business requirements, compile in functional design documentation, and architect solutions to ensure successful customer implementations
- Leads the creation of test plans and participates in creating the test cases. Supports the customer during SIT, UAT, and Production implementations.
- Engage as IFRS17 Subject Matter Expert (SME) and quality reviewer in various phases of the implementation lifecycle including requirements gathering, architecture/design, installation, development, testing and/or training. Ensure the quality of the functional and technical deliverables using industry best practices.
- Provide advisory support to internal and external delivery partners to ensure successful implementations. Provide oversight, guidance, and expertise to ensure projects are implemented on time and are executed as designed. Drive review process of program schedules, milestones, and phase. Anticipate and resolve cross-functional project related issues and work with project managers to implement improvement.
- Create relationships with SAS customers as a trusted advisor and partner. Fostering relationships with client personnel at project and stakeholder levels
- Help services team craft work estimates, proposals, solution architectures and project plans. Identify new services opportunities within the account or program and communicate to the appropriate SAS management team(s)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as business needs require.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will have experience or background in life and/or general insurance/reinsurance or financial services/banking, technical expertise in developing/implementing regulatory models/reporting frameworks, including an awareness of the following:
- Experience driving risk implementation teams in the financial services industry with specific focus on risk management applications and consulting services. Hands-on skills to configure and implement Finance & Risk solutions using SAS or similar solutions
- Good understanding of international standards such as IFRS17, LDTI, Solvency II.
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting and pricing
- Experience developing actuarial models in any of the following tools: SAS, Python, or using Actuarial software such as Prophet.
- Familiarity with Accounting Close processes and/or using GL system such as SunGL, SAP, Oracle or other GL’s.
- Experience with technical and business approaches and solutions related to general business intelligence/analytics/data integration/data warehousing.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to work independently; also, ability to be effective in diverse, virtual, cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities across multiple, competing activities, and internal and external customers
- Fluent in English
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The successful candidate should also have:
- A passionately curious, dedicated life-long learner with an analytical mind, excellent communication skills to convey the technical to a non-technical audience, and an accountable problem-solving disposition.
- 8+ years’ experience within a financial service institution (insurance or bank), or consulting/accounting/audit firm, or system integrator, or other risk-analytics software companies.
- Experienced in computer programing language and risk modeling, with interest in expanding technology skills and knowledge
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant field in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business or other quantitative field/engineering.
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues on risk and finance technical topics
The nice to haves
- Professional actuarial qualifications such as FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries), FIA (Financial Information Associate), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or equivalent
- Professional accounting qualifications such as Chartered Accountant (CA) or MBA Finance.
- Experience with ALM or Economic Capital Models in insurance
- Additional risk domain knowledge considered valuable – market risk, credit risk, enterprise risk, and/or operational risk
- Experience working with SAS Risk Solutions and SAS Programming.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.