GOC Storage Job Description
As a Sr Associate Information Systems Engineer, you will support day-to-day mission critical operations of SAS’ global enterprise storage technologies. The Global Operations Center (GoC) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Operations team is responsible for maintaining operational stability of SAS’, SAN, NAS, Object, Backup, and others both on prem and off prem. The engineer performs incident management, proactive operations, implements basic requests/changes and documents team procedures.
- Investigation and management of cloud-based and on prem storage and backup related incidents.
- Proactive operations of storage and backup infrastructure to help reduce reactive incidents.
- Fulfill basic related request and change tickets for responsible areas
- Produce and maintain current documentation for areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other quantitative degree
- 2 years' experience supporting enterprise storage systems
- 2 years' experience with SAN, NAS, Backup
- Associates degree in the same fields plus 4 years of stated essential qualifications ~ OR ~
- High school diploma (GED) plus 6 years of stated essential qualifications
- Self-motivated and customer service focused
- Ability to interface with employees and customers of varying skill sets in a high-pressure environment
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Azure Storage (Blob, Files, Azure NetApp Files)
- Experience with NetApp and Pure Storage
- Experience with Azure Networking
- Experience with Dell EMC Storage
- Experience Automating Storage Operations