Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Senior AI & Analytics Specialist you will be an owner of all related activities needed to generate demand for the next generation of SAS Analytics applications and consulting services from the EMEA & AP territory (existing and greenfield customers), establish yourself as a trusted advisor in the customers and partners ecosystem, connect to the customers' stakeholders on different levels, creating the vision and the plan for success.
- Observe the market and the technological innovations around customer analytics, define approach, positioning, software and services combinations to help SAS customers to drive innovation.
- Be on the frontline, leading in the sales opportunities with your domain and technology knowledge.
- Act as a regional Analytics Leader with deep knowledge on Value Propositions around Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Open Source Operationalization, ModelOps & Decisioning
- Actively contributes to promotion of SAS solutions for our customers (Financial Services, Telcos, Retail, Manufacturing, Utilities) in EMEA & AP
- Connect SAS-related technology trends with the actual business value they bring to Client organizations
- Through technology-based discussions build trusted relationships with sales teams and Client accounts across EMEA & AP
- Influence sales through domain or business expert credibility brought directly to ongoing sales cycles by enabling those who will be executing sales cycles or through supporting in-country business development efforts
- Deliver excellent presentations, demos, proposals and PoCs, leveraging on his/her business acumen.
- Clearly articulates the breadth and value of analytics in respective sectors, and how SAS differentiates on the market
- Works closely with sales executives and consulting management to validate Go-to-market approach to mirror actual Client need
- Contributes to the design and production of sales, customer advisory and marketing materials, including positioning SAS as an expert within conferences, publications, webinars and social media activities
- Co-ordinates the internal launch of new services / new value propositions to sales staff
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- A BSc or MSc degree in a relevant field (computer science, information technology, mathematics, statistics).
- Strong experience in applying advanced analytics to solve business problems.
- Hands-on experience in the domain of Analytics, Machine Learning, Open Source Operationalization, ModelOps & Decisioning etc. using relevant programming languages and tools (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Python etc.) .
- Good Industry knowledge (in at least one of FS/Telcos/Retail/Manufacturing/Utilities) in order to convey go to marketing messaging and deliver business value through Analytics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to communicate complex analytical and technical content clearly and effectively.
- Strong critical thinking and ability to influence
- Willingness to travel and work across client locations
The other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Entrepreneurial— not afraid to take on responsibility and solve real customer problems.
- A critical thinker — who uses logic and experience to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems.
- Driven to make a big impact in a fast-developing digital world.
- Highly collaborative, driven by the customer, both technical and creative excellence, and a self-starter. Skilled at bringing people together, highly organized, and has leadership level communication. Possesses strategic and tactical decision-making skills that can weigh business needs alongside technological capabilities.
- An engaging storyteller and mindful listener, attentive to details.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. We know that the confidence gap can get in the way of excellent candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t think you have the necessary experience – we’d love to hear from you.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
#LI-Remote / #LI-Hybrid