Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
The Solution Leader is the ambassador for his product towards the market.
The Solution Leader must gather market requirements, consolidate them, prioritize them, transform them into a software offering. The field of application will primarily be regulation such as IFRS 17, LDTI, pricing, budgeting and cash-flow generation.
The Solution Leader will work with customer facing SAS personnel and with the Product Managers, who are responsible to translate the requirements into product features.
The Solution Leader is also responsible to produce documentation, prepare enablement material, etc.….
- Create relationships with SAS customers and advisory partners
- Interact with clients to assess their business needs, including leading customer connections
- Lead functional assessments to understand solution requirements for risk and finance frameworks
- Teach business best practices to SAS and customer teams
- Define the strategy and lead the evolution of the offering
- Organize bi-weekly calls on your solution with sales, pre-sales, marketing, partner channel.
- Participate on follow-ups for in-depth analysis of specific requirements
- Define the priorities and communicate feedback to the Field
- Translate requirements in functional description
- Drive Sales and Tech Exchanges together with the Product Manager
- Provide demo scripts and user manual
- Define and execute enablement & training (sales, presales, PSD, and Partners) in a train the trainer mode
- In case of main releases/escalations manage update presentations for partners and customers
What we're looking for
The successful candidate will have a background in insurance/reinsurance or financial services, technical expertise in developing/implementing regulatory models/reporting frameworks, including an awareness of at least two of the following:
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting, pricing,
- Professional actuarial qualifications such as FSA, FIA, CIA or equivalent
- Good understanding of international standards such as LDTI, Solvency II, ORSA or IFRS17,
- Experience developing actuarial models in SAS, Python, Matlab or using Actuarial software such as Prophet, GGY Axis, Milliman Arius, ResQ, etc.…
- Experience with ALM or Economic Capital Models in Insurance
- Professional accounting qualifications such as CPA
The successful candidate should also have:
- A passionately curious, dedicated life-long learner with an analytical mind, strong communication skills to convey the non-technical to a technical audience, and an accountable problem-solving disposition
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a financial institution or consulting firm
- Experienced in computer programing language and risk modeling, with interest in expanding technology skills and knowledge
- BS in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Accounting, or other quantitative field preferred
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues on risk and finance technical topics
- Ability to travel (occasional to USA head-quarter)
The nice to haves
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex math and statistical concepts to an executive audience
- MS in Actuarial Science, Financial Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Accounting, or other quantitative field
- Additional risk domain knowledge considered valuable – market risk, credit risk, enterprise risk, and/or operational risk. Finance experience a plus.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience working with SAS Risk Solutions and SAS Programming
- Work Location – Cary NC
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills, and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.