Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
SAS is looking for a native German speaking tester to join the localization testing team in Italy.
As a Localization Testing Engineer on the European Localization Center R&D team in the Compute and Data Services division at SAS, you will perform testing on localized software to ensure the localized software is in accordance with designated development and local practices.
- Work closely with project management, development, translation, internationalization test teams, and others as needed.
- Plan, document, and perform functional and linguistic testing on SAS software localized into German, according to the Pipeline and Project Schedule.
- Perform tests on localized software to ensure product quality; fixes and verifies software defects.
- Detect functionality issues, report them as Jira bugs and verify fixes.
- Perform new features testing and regression testing.
- Meet all the CI/CD deadlines both for stable releases and for the long-term releases.
- Develop summary documents after test completion and provide feedback to the German translation team.
- Communicate with ELC Testing Unit (ITU), other testers, localization project managers and developers.
- Establish and maintain contacts with experts within the local SAS office to resolve testing questions and getting help with testing.
- Discuss technical and design issues with developers, managers, users, or customers when necessary to achieve optimal solution.
- Be involved in research of the localization test automation process.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in German or foreign languages, computer science, mathematics, statistics or related quantitative field
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above
- Previous experience as a tester
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of localization and internationalization fields
- Native German speaker and English fluency
- Awareness of linguistic issues and cultural diversity
- An eye for detail and sensitivity to language quality
- Experience with test automation frameworks like Robot or Playwright will be a plus
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages
- SAS programming skills is a plus
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraints (CI/CD, Agile, DevOps)
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with software testing and/or localized software testing
- Test automation experience is a plus
- Interpersonal, documentation, and problem-solving skills
- Think analytically and be able to effectively communicate problems and fixes
- Work independently and within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in working in an international and multicultural environment
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.