Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to join our Taiwan Presales team.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will assist sales team with solution sales activities to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and maximize revenue opportunities; and relate technical concepts and business requirements to SAS applications and user needs.
- Work with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Build a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Deliver standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Deliver technical architecture related information, lead technical discovery sessions, respond to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term SAS/client relationships.
- Maintain and develop relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Support partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conduct discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Plan and implement, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provide demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develop familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategize with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participate in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Work pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Management, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
- 10+ years of experience in technical sales, solution architect, information systems, or related area of expertise.
- Hands-on skills of Database and Cloud ecosystem, Docker and Kubernetes skills are required.
- Better with customer facing experience in consultant/solution company for projects across various industries.
- Very good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.