Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Software developer to join a team of talented engineers working collaboratively to deliver innovative products, and solutions for different problems related to modernizing SAS customers’ base. You will contribute to projects spanning a diverse set of technologies targeted at both Cloud, and on-premises deployments.
- Be comfortable developing software with browser, mid-tier (micro service) and database technologies.
- Design and develop high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines.
- Be aware of and adhere to R&D best practices and processes.
- Actively involve other project stakeholders (e.g., managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
- Participate in project scoping and scheduling; track progress of individual tasks and alerts stakeholders of issues blocking or preventing completion of task
- Conduct code reviews to ensure integrity and cross-product consistency.
- Maintain accountability for the entire life cycle of the code, including support for both internal and external consumers.
- Work with multiple operating systems and anticipate technical anomalies and enhancements for various environments
What we’re looking for
- You have a bachelor’s (or above) degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, or related fields
- You have experience with some software tools such as Git, Gerrit, Docker and Kubernetes
- You have enthusiasm and the ability to learn and explore new and emerging technologies.
- You can develop innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
- You have good English communication skills.
- You are willing to collaborate with global R&D teams.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Experience applying industry API design patterns and concepts
- Experience building scalable services using a microservices architecture
- Industry experience building full-stack web applications
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Exceptional aptitude for problem solving and debugging of complex multitiered software applications
- Ability to pivot quickly and seamlessly as projects and business needs dictate.
- Detail oriented and well-organized with a strong ability to prioritize, plan, and execute tasks
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communications
- Comfortable working in a distributed, team-based environment
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at email@example.com before taking any further action.