Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an SAS Visualization Clients Tester to provide the testing and development service for SAS Visual Analytics software to ensure quality within timeline expectations in the development cycle.
Work in a China-based software development team in cooperation with SAS HQ software development team in the United States. Provides the testing and development service at professional level during the development cycle of certain SAS software products.
- Designs, develops, and executes test plans, scenarios, and/or processes. Run ad-hoc testing, deliver regular test report and summary. Analyzes test results and evaluates testing coverage. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Interacts directly with developers to ensure software quality and functionality. Affects the quality of software products by influencing the design and testability during development. Tracks progress of individual tasks and communicates status and risks.
- Exercises good judgment as to methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria, asks questions and seeks assistance without prompting. Strong initiative and sense of responsibility in work, able to work independently.
- Identifies, tracks, pre-tests, and verifies defects/bugs. Develops automation scripts to improve test efficiency as possible.
- Shares testing experiences and technical skills internally.
- Self-motivated to keep current of the state-of-the-art technology.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development or testing, good understanding of application development lifecycle and CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong software testing experience in functional and/or non-functional testing.
- Good knowledge of HTTP/Web/HTML5, Container technology, Microservices and Cloud Computing Platform.
- Good English skills in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Excellent communication and team players; good problem analyzing and problem-solving skills.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Experience with Unix/Linux.
- Experience with programming languages such as Go, Java, Groovy, Python, JS.
- Experience with test automation framework and tools like Playwright, Selenium.
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Visual Analytics and SAS.
- Knowledge and experience on REST API testing, Globalization testing.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge and experience on Docker, Kubernetes, and public clouds like Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge and experience on statistics, and/or data analysis.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at email@example.com before taking any further action.