Manager, Software Development Engineering in Test
Join the world's leading analytics software company and make a difference in the way advanced analytics research is practiced! SAS’ Enterprise Quality (EQ) for Risk and Quantitative Solutions team is seeking qualified candidates to lead and manage the Risk Modeling Quality Engineering team.
As Manager, Software Development in Test Automation at SAS, and a member of the R&D Enterprise Quality Management team embedded within RQS, you will manage a dynamic team focused on supporting SAS goals ensuring quality software delivery to our customers. Candidates should have comprehensive software development and test automation experience, good organization and communication skills, commitment to collaboration, and be able to work well within a fast-paced, team environment.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for a team of SDET, Test Engineer and Software Analytic Testers embedded on agile delivery teams contributing to Risk Modeling and Risk Modeling Nodes for VDMML.
- Enhance the productivity of your team through coaching, training, collaboration, and policy. Meeting or exceeding the quality and delivery expectations of the team.
- Guide your team through technical and communication obstacles as they develop their automated test suites and expand its coverage and impact.
- Be an advocate for your team and quality practices across departments, divisions, and various levels of management
- Participate in design and planning of software delivery, ensuring that whole company readiness and quality is integrated into everything that we create.
- Manage project scope and scheduling for development and testing activities. This includes progress tracking, task management, and communication to stakeholders of concerns and conflicts leveraging data to drive decisions and improve the impact of quality engineering.
- Advocate for the highest standards in test automation practices and continuous improvement throughout the software lifecycle.
- Maintains an awareness of and research new technologies, trends, architectures, and implementation techniques in support of efficient and continuous testing activities.
- Need to be energetic, enthusiastic and should be able to manage the changing priorities on an ongoing basis.
- Extremely good and effective at status reporting and stakeholder management.
- Proven experience to work in collaborative environment and within an embedded organizational model.
- Strong (proven) experience of managing product development with complete SDLC in agile environment.
- Ability to manage and lead a quality engineering team effectively.
- Ability to resolve communication hurdles given that maintenance work may involve dealing with tech support teams and customers to debug the issues and provide fixes.
- Strong software design, development, and quality engineering skills with ability to mentor team members.
- Ability to assess the risks with respect to delivery pipeline/milestones and raise these immediately through appropriate channels such as Scrum of Scrums and higher management.
- Good experience of converting Product Management requirements into technical requirements, and evaluating alternate approaches for feasibility, advising the stakeholders of comparative pros-cons.
- Good knowledge of the agile methodology, able to effectively represent the team at Release and Iteration Planning meetings.
- Able to provide a clear test automation strategy, including design, tool selection and framework.
- Familiarity with the Risk Modeling domain.
- Proven experience in development and managing software development projects which includes following technologies.
- Programming languages: Java / Python / SAS
- Interfaces: RESTful web services
- Automation tools: Selenium WebDriver/ Cucumber / Robot Framework
- Databases: Postgres, Oracle
- CI/CD Tools: GIT, Gerrit, Gradle, Jenkins
- Operating systems: Windows, Unix
- Cloud: Docker, Kubernetes, Azure/ AWS / GCP
- Should be engineering graduate in computer science or equivalent.
- Should have at least 10 to 15 years of relevant experience in the same field with hands on experience on the same technology along with reasonable people management experience
Helpful Experience and Skills
- Thorough technical competence in SAS programming, operating systems, utilities, editors, or other language(s) related to assigned area. Some examples are: C, Java, Groovy, Spock, Python and Lua.
- An understanding of the mechanics of Continuous Testing, Continuous Integration and modern development techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, managerial, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to build consensus and encourage knowledge-sharing within team
- Ability to develop and execute innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ability to think analytically and to effectively communicate technical problems and solutions.