Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Technical Training Consultant, you will work under the SAS Education team and be responsible for teaching internal, public and/or customer onsite training sessions in the classroom and remotely using live web technology; developing technical content and multimedia demonstrations and presentations involving programming languages, user applications software, data modelling, technical concepts and system architecture.
- Conduct internal, public classroom training and workshops at company training centers, third-party classrooms and customer sites.
- Deliver public and customer onsite training sessions and remote live web classes
- Develop e-lecture and self-paced multimedia materials as assigned.
- Assist other instructors during workshops for training courses.
- Participate in course development projects and preparation of training materials.
- Test and maintain training software as needed.
- Write programs using SAS or other software for a variety of applications.
- Work on special projects, which may include internal and external consulting projects.
- May review and edit technical documentation as needed.
- May serve as curriculum consultant to direct students into correct training path
- May serve as Live Web technical support technician
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Computer Science or other related quantitative field
- 5+ years’ experience programming in a third or fourth generation language, preferably in technology areas such as business intelligence, warehouse administration, networking, server management, report administration, database management, web enablement and application development; or teaching end user applications.
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching preferred.
- Experience with SAS and ANSI-standard SQL preferred.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with users with various technical backgrounds including experienced programmers
- Ability to travel as required, typically six to ten days per month (as business required)
- Working knowledge of training methodologies, curriculum development, and training media
- Working knowledge of company’s products and application areas
- Professional appearance and presentation skills
* Please note the role will start with a 2-year direct contract (renewable) with competitive fringe benefits.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.