Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
The Shared Services RTR Accountant will be responsible for providing certain transactional RTR activities for an assigned SAS Business Unit including recording general ledger transactions, reconciliations, completing journals, banking, reporting, chart of accounts maintenance, month end close and fixed assets activities. The position will also be tasked with driving and delivering RTR service excellence to the business with an emphasis on customer service and continuous process improvement to further enhance the RTR service level and effectiveness expected throughout.
- Ensure that SAS policies are adhered to (e.g. approvals, financial guidelines, etc.)
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of general ledger journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviews the bank reconciliation and relevant journal entries
- Handles intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Ensures Fixed Assets entries are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Handles identified issues, inquiries and needs, which have been escalated due to non-resolution, or where resolution is urgent and important (Senior Accountant positions only)
- Ensures all Record to Report period end closing procedures are completed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner
- Supplies advice on General Ledger processes and support continuous improvement initiatives and ad hoc projects
- Ensures compliance with company policies (approvals, finance guidelines, etc), relevant accounting and tax requirements and internal controls
- Supports the RTR Team Leader in driving end-to-end standard RTR processes across all business units
- Supports with the maintenance of the chart of accounts and the mapping between the Global chart of accounts and the Statutory chart of accounts.
- Assists in developing best practice processes and highlighting opportunities for process improvement
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting
- 2 to 5 years Accounting and/or Control experience, preferably in a multi-national organization and/or Shared Services environment
- Ability to address or escalate complex issues within the General Ledger/Record to Report area
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting and reporting in compliance with GAAP and requirements of local regulatory agencies (IFRS)
- Strong ERP experience essential, preferably Oracle
- Fluent English and Polish spoken and written
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ethics and firm in convictions, even under pressure
- Interpersonal and negotiation abilities
- Curious mind and promoter of constant innovation.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.