SAS Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Team is a service organization responsible for providing IT support for our full spectrum of SAS Solutions to Infrastructure & Platform Services. Additionally, the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) team works with other SAS IT teams to improve our service catalog offerings to our customers including helping to implement next generation technologies. As an Engineer in the SAS Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) team, you will use your communication and technical skills to support internal and external customers in our hosted & internal environment. You will help design, implement, and support a large heterogeneous computing environment. You will be responsible for helping to maintain Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements, and improve the performance, reliability, and standardization of our hosted & internal solutions.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Perform daily administration activities for all Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) servers including analyzing, installing, modifying Operating Systems, storage, applications, backups and account administration.
- Assists with the planning (implementation and ongoing usage/forecasting/trending), design, setup and troubleshooting of such items as Operating Systems, systems management software, security software, backup software, productivity applications.
- Utilize trouble ticket system (ServiceNow) to address and resolve customer concerns.
- Interface with other SAS groups and departments to enhance the environment or resolve pending issues.
- Maintaining knowledge of diverse infrastructure architecture, security policies and standards and consistently applying these practices.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, or performance problems.
- Develop step-by-step documentation for system support tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related quantitative field
- Minimum 4+ years of experience as an Information Systems Engineer in a heterogeneous, dynamic, customer-focused environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on MS Windows Server Redhat Linux, VMware
- Knowledge of operating systems, utilities, services, and editors for Windows Server & Redhat Linux
- Experience with infrastructure architecture including Servers, Network, Security, Storage and Backup Services to allow for efficient implementation and non-disruptive expansion and upgrades
- Experience in scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash etc) & automation tools.
- Good working knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule.
- Collaborative team experience with superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to triage requests with multiple admin resource groups
- Understanding best practices around information security and data privacy in relation to system access and availability
- Experience with DevOps tools will be an added advantage