Nice to meet you!
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence - and questions into answers.
We’re also a debt-free multi-billion-dollar organization on our path to IPO-readiness. If you're looking for a dynamic, fulfilling career coupled with flexibility and world-class employee experience, you'll find it here.
About the job
The Education is looking for an Education Sales Consultant to be responsible for the direct sales of learning and development products and services to prospective and current accounts to achieve sales targets.
As an Education Sales Consultant, you will:
- Sells training products and solutions to current and prospective customers; works with other education personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Works closely with new and existing customers, Software Sales Account Executives, Customer Success managers and /or Consulting to determine customer training needs and advise on appropriate solutions.
- Implements all aspects of territory and account management and development; Identifies opportunities with high “close” potential, qualifies and forecasts timeframes to close business. Manage your territory, opportunities and forecasting using SAS’s global sales system.
- Proactively crafts and proposes solutions that clarify how SAS training offerings can bring business value and address each customer’s critical business challenges. Assists customers in assessing their Talent Development needs.
- Achieves success by using your consultative skills to effectively mange the sales process from discovery to close.
- Works closely with training colleagues to facilitate timely response to qualified, high revenue and high customer satisfaction potential leads.
- Collaborates with other SAS lines of business to lead the SAS adoption and skills development journey from our customer.
- Prepares quotations and proposals as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Develops an understanding of the market and competition, SAS training offerings and how people develop skills and methods of skill development. Develops a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to uncover additional opportunities.
- Leverages networking skills at SAS events and elsewhere to expand your customer contacts and support the overall mission of helping customers be successful.
- Facilitates on-site training engagements from qualifying and logistics to supervising delivery and follow up.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or related field
- Requires a minimum of eight years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware. Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications.
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts; knowledge of SAS solutions and services preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Diverse and Inclusive
At SAS, it’s not about fitting into our culture – it’s about adding to it. We believe our people make the difference. Our diverse workforce brings together unique talents and inspires teams to create amazing software that reflects the diversity of our users and customers. Our commitment to diversity is a priority to our leadership, all the way up to the top; and it’s essential to who we are. To put it plainly: you are welcome here.
SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, or on behalf of SAS, please contact Recruitingsupport@sas.com.