About the role
The role is based in the Pune R&D Center, at the SAS R&D Pune facility. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to test our next-generation mid-tier services as part of the SAS® Viya Platform Services on leading cloud platforms.
- As a SDET in the Platform Services Testing Team at SAS, you will be responsible for software testing activities, throughout the software release cycle.
- You will validate and automate REST APIs end points using industry standard automation tools. You will mostly work with Kubernete
- Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience.
What You Will Do:
- Creates and maintains high quality of test automation using modern development techniques and provides key data points to support metrics-based decision making.
- Applies automated tests at every layer of the application stack, both inside and outside of the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Produces and analyzes metrics that illustrate the quality of applications and develop insight that drives the direction of quality engineering.
- Works with team to promptly triage test failures with precision and accuracy, maintaining the health of the build pipeline.
- Works collaboratively with development, product, operations, and support peers to encourage quality, as a key design element in all work efforts.
- Engages in code reviews for product, test, and infrastructure code.
- Protects users from escaped defects, participate in support escalations, and value Customer Experience (CX) above all.
- Understands the role of deployment, migration, security, and performance in the continuous delivery lifecycle.
- Participates in project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress of individual tasks and communicates status and risks.
- Stay up to date on SAS internal testing methodologies and approaches; regularly evaluates third-party tools/solutions.
- Maintains an awareness of and researches the new technologies, trends, architectures, and implementation techniques as they relate to the testing automation activities.
- Designs, develops, and executes test plans, and test scenarios.
- Analyses test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Reviews relevant documentation.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Conceptual understanding of at least one markup language.
- Conceptual understanding of agile processes and iterative software development
- Learning concepts of test automation framework.
- Working knowledge of source control management techniques along with participating in code reviews.
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration technologies
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling
- General understanding of public cloud interfaces
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Proven experience in automating the testing of software projects which includes following technologies.
- Languages: Java, Go, Groovy, Python
- Interfaces: RESTful web services
- Tools: GIT, Gerrit, Gradle, Jenkins
- O/S: Mainly Unix
- Cloud: Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS, GCP
Total Years of Relevant experience
2-4 years of experience
B.E(Computer Science)/ MCA/CDAC or equivalent
SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, or on behalf of SAS, please contact Recruitingsupport@sas.com.