SAS technology allows customers to achieve great results in a wide range of diverse industries. From ensuring your bank account is not compromised to analyzing the data behind many goods, products, and pharmaceuticals, or helping with natural disasters, SAS is driving a revolution in the way big data is used every day! #Data4Good.
SAS R&D Pune, with its experience in developing applications and solutions for a variety of domains, has built a reputation within SAS for excellence in the development and delivery of high-quality applications across an expanding set of technologies. We aim to push our developers’ careers in the direction they have always envisaged.
Welcome to the forefront of making a difference!
About the role:
The role is based in the Pune R&D Center, at SAS R&D Pune facility. For this role, you will join the Retail Solutions team. We are looking for a Software Developer to design, develop, Unit test, troubleshoot and monitor the different Retail modules of Retail solution. You will help with customer reported problems and defining the roadmap for the solutions. Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience, to ensure delivery of quality, scalable cloud-based Retail Solutions. As a senior you will also help mentor and develop more junior members of the team.
Essential Technology Experience:
- At least 3-8 years of working experience in developing Enterprise applications.
- Experience developing C/C++
- Good understanding and usage of OOAD
- Understanding and usage of Design Patterns
- Using XML, JSON effectively
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems – Windows, RHEL, AIX.
- Exposure to MFC forms.
- Working with Databases -- Oracle, Postgres
- Polyglot with exposure to Java, Golang, SQL
- Experience developing on IDE (Visual Studio, GDB preferred).
- Experience with modern compilers and tools for building modern C++.
- Experience composing unit tests and using unit testing frameworks.
- Must be familiar with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to make recommendations based on solid understanding of the problem resolution, troubleshooting deployment and environment and functional interactions.
- Knowledge of software development processes and Quality Standards.
- Familiar with Agile methodology and with tools such as Jira, Confluence.
- Experience on Windows as well Linux operating system with basic troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of CVS, Jenkins, Git, Gerrit.
Experience of these items would be useful:
- Exposure to AI/ML.
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes
- Core Java programming experience
- Knowledge of any public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI, CD) model
- Experience of scripting language (python, Perl, shell-scripting) will be helpful.
- Design and develop enterprise application using C/C++ and MFC.
- Do Requirement Analysis, write functional specifications.
- Complete high-level and low-level designs.
- Understand product functionality from previous versions and derive suitable new behavior.
- Work with mid-tier and server tier teams to fulfill the requirements.
- Advise and assist team members and mentor junior developers.
- Implement test-based development process that focuses on delivering high quality products.
- Provide documentation and technical publications for external and internal customers.
- Assisting in communication of requirements to development; responding to questions
- Designing, documenting, executing, and verifying test cases, which may include data integrity, and/or usability.
- Interpreting consultant and customer reported problems and assisting in resolution.
- Performing other duties as assigned.