As a Systems Developer for the SAS Cloud team in SAS’s Cloud and Information Services (CIS) division,
you will be responsible for all aspects of our hosted and remote managed SAS application
environments. You will work collaboratively with customers, analysts, developers, and implementation
team members to deliver world class SAS service.
You will support the team with training, expertise, mentoring, and best practices related to enterprise
application technology, architecture, and support. You will work with global R&D, Product, Technical
Support, global PSD/Partners, and CIS teams to drive customer satisfaction and ensure service quality
across all our hosted and remote managed customer environments.
You will lead the team in efforts to improve quality, efficiency, and automation around service delivery
tasks. A keen eye for continuous improvement and a passion to drive it in all aspects of the job is
• Deliver excellent customer service using a customer first and continuous improvement mindset.
• Provide hands-on administration, maintenance, and installation of SAS Enterprise software and
• Provide support for global PSD/Partner delivered ETL and automations.
• Manage day-to-day work through SAS Cloud ticketing systems using CIS best practices for ticket
update quality and frequency.
• Use IT Service Management best practices for change, incident, and problem management to
meet and support Service Level Agreement requirements SAS Cloud customers.
• Create and maintain service documentation including runbooks, knowledge base articles, and
• Configure, manage, monitor, and debug mid-tier software.
• Manage, monitor, and maintain container-based applications deployed in cloud container
• Develop tools and software to manage SAS and third-party software.
• Diagnose, document, report, and resolve system problems.
• Work directly with external customers and interface with other support teams and vendors.
• Mandatory - 24x7 Shift working as per business demand.
• Mandatory - Participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Provide service leadership for local teams by managing service queues and assigning tickets
based on SAS Cloud procedures.
• Serve as technical escalation support for other team members.
• Contribute to overall service quality by identifying or leading efforts that reduce time, reduce toil,
and/or improve the customer experience with SAS Cloud services.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Information Technology or
• 3+ years of technical experience including:
o 3+ Years of experience in SAS Administration, Deployment, integration
o 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes / CaaS
o 2+ years of experience Enterprise Platform Support
o 2+ years of experience in systems support, user support, customer support, consulting, or
training for enterprise class software and/or hardware.
o 3+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux supporting enterprise class applications.
• Familiarity with cloud-based platforms like MS Azure, AWS, GCP, or OpenShift
• Experience with Python, Ansible, or Kubernetes
• Scripting experience (bash, powershell, etc)
• Installing and using SAS software and solutions
• Programming in SAS
• Deploying and managing JavaEE web application.
• Java or Web development experience
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time4