Work as part of the Network Engineering team with a primary focus on DNS, DHCP, and NTP services and infrastructure. Drive standards and best practices to ensure quality services and sustainability. Maintain critical architecture and responsive support. Architect multi-cloud solutions in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities to meet customer requirements.
- Architects and manages DNS/DHCP/NTP platforms for corporate SAS.
- Defines technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Maintains vendor relationships and assists with budgeting processes.
- Define support playbooks for additional personnel.
- Maintain domain name policies and follow domain ownership lifecycle.
- Define and maintain corporate standards including naming conventions.
- Manage lifecycle of the platforms (hardware, OS, services) through the TIME Model.
- General user support through debugging, troubleshooting, and user communications.
- Own and maintain living documentation for all services offered.
- Follow change management processes and standards.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, databases or utilities software as applicable to DNS, DHCP, and NTP.
- Performs usage planning, forecasting/trending, hardware/software configuration and installation of such items as operating systems, and patch management infrastructure, productivity applications, and virtualized environments as applicable to DNS, DHCP, and NTP.
- Researches, evaluates, performs cost analysis and writes business justification for purchasing new technologies. Assists in vendor selection as part of this process.
- Assists with general network engineering projects
- Works closely with Global Information Security to implement solutions that enhance SAS’ security posture.
- Provides mentoring and direction for other members of the group
- Takes an active role in establishing departmental objectives
- Acts as the project lead on multi-disciplinary teams implementing global solutions of multi-million dollar systems
- Provides quality support to our internal customers
- Able to understand the difference between what is requested and how to fulfill a request
- Willingness to proactively improve processes and identify gaps in existing processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and NTP technologies
- Preference for experience with Cygna Labs / BT Diamond IP and Sapphire or similar products
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching, and network security solutions
- Preference for advanced Python and Bash scripting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; intuitive thinking skills
- Ability to interface with an operating system, such as Windows, Mac OS and iOS and the respective editor; ability to write scripts
- Ability to train others
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with others and to problem-solve
- Has a highly detailed understanding of many technology areas in use
- Learning SAS software
- Working with vendors on innovation and escalation