SAS is the global leader in analytics, with more than 40 years of industry leading innovation and award winning culture. Our employees are the heart of our business. With your help, we’ll continue to evolve and lead the way into the next frontier of analytics.
By joining the SAS Pre Sales team, you will be assisting the sales team with solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites. Develops and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process. Possesses a strong knowledge of SAS products. Participates in and may lead the design process. Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting).
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Installs SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in systems engineering, project management, applications development, technical architecture and design and/or customer support.
- Demonstrated thought leader in a single domain or industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events)
- Proven enterprise/solution architect experience for specific industries like banking, manufacturing.
- Must have expert knowledge of Analytic, information, big data, open source internet ,etc technology, architecture and resources; with hands-on experience in Enterprise /Solution Architect, and understands the industry trend
- Ability to have deep conversations with the customer Enterprise Architect to define SAS solution in their enterprise
- Excellent facilitation and communications skills
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn