Senior Account Executive (Commercial)
Responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts.
- Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and type of account.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Works closely with account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Customizes and sells solution and consulting packages to match account needs with Institute offerings, along with external partnership offerings.
- Utilizes solutions-selling methodology, strategic concepts, and techniques.
- Conducts significant direct contact with customers and travel to customer sites.
- Serves as a resource for team members in all aspects of territory management, policies and procedures, marketing goals and objectives, SAS System applications, hardware platforms, market trends and business and industry knowledge.
- Sets goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
- Actively participates in sales calls and presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs, and designs appropriate demonstrations.
- Applies knowledge of Institute marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, and marketing trends to assess account needs.
- Assumes responsibility for all activity in accounts and new revenue, both software and services, works with consulting staff to position service solutions and leverage sales opportunities.
- Directs internal Institute resources, including pre-sales and post-sales services, contracts, etc. in order to reach objectives.
- Assumes consultative role in dealing with technical issues and interpreting applications needs; prepares customer profiles based on needs analysis of hardware, software, applications, and user levels.
- Prepares complex quotations and proposal information as needed; works to customize quotes and proposals and to coordinate resources across divisions.
- Conducts extensive follow-up with customers to track satisfaction levels and uncover additional opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest level of management.
- Effectively manages business expenses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts; knowledge of SAS solutions and services preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.