This role is based in Thailand and will report to the Finance Manager who is based in Thailand.
Responsible for providing management support through delivery of timely and accurate financial reports for management to make informed business decisions, together with ensuring the Company complies with all Financial/Taxation Legislative requirements.
- Management and enhancement of the accounting system (ACCPAC) to ensure ongoing efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes & reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts.
- Maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance Department’s financial / management accounting controls through computer system and procedural enhancements and improvements.
- Ensure adequate internal controls
- Co-ordinate and review annual external audit, tax authority, year-end statutory & SAS Inc reporting, monthly management reports and analysis.
- Ensure accurate month end results, annual results, management reports, Statutory and SAS Inc Reports are completed within the agreed time.
- Ensure Income Tax Return, Withholding tax, VAT and other tax are lodged and respective tax liabilities paid within the appropriate deadline.
- Monitor company cash flow on a daily basis.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet business obligations.
- Invest excess funds in interest bearing deposit accounts as required.
- Assist Finance Manager with Annual Budget.
- Provide timely and accurate financial analysis to the Finance Manager & other department managers as required.
- Provide input into the strategic direction of the Finance Department.
- Identify and implement more time effective processes, more efficient monthly and annual reporting with a higher degree of accuracy with minimal errors for continuous improvement in the Department and related areas.
- Staff management and cross training of Finance staff to update on legislation, new Company polices, new accounting processes.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to accounting staff.
- Identify and action training and development needs to accounting staff as appropriate.
- Inform and advise Finance Manager with Tax Legislation updates as relevant to the Company.
- Keeping abreast of legislation changes to minimise the Company’s tax exposure, e.g. ensuring all tax invoices issued to customers are VAT compliant, reviewing related business expenses to minimise the Company’s tax exposure. Seek external taxation advice as required.
- Other tasks and ad hoc assignments as required.
- Identify issues, investigates and resolve within the agreed deadline.
- Back-up to Finance Manager when they are away.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting with CPA or CA qualification
- Analytical approach to problem solving with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information.
- In depth understanding of accounting processes, financial reporting & taxation compliance.
- Supervisory and management skills.
- Ability to translate that knowledge into effective and efficient improvements.
- Detailed accounting and accounting system knowledge and extensive experience in accounting and system improvement.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Across the entire organisation.
- Department managers.
- Finance Department staff.
- Accounting system consultants.
- Tax Authorities, Financial Institutions.
- External auditors.
- SAS Inc, SAS AP & other SAS subsidiaries.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.