Reporting to Sales Director, this Sales Manager-FSI is responsible for contributing to the achievement of SAS’s strategic corporate and business unit objectives through the implementation of sales and marketing strategy within Banking and Financial Services industry.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs)
- Plans and implements growth plans for software, consulting services, and education services.
- Directs management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels.
- Generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationships with key customers.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and assignments to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales management team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing and evaluating staff.
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Determines equitable sales assignments.
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting (PTG) of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures team alignment toward BASE sales approach and utilization of Orion, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Coordinates resources for specified sales methodology and promotes and reinforces BASE selling concepts. Note: If not BASE replace Solution with Strategic.
- Leads sales representatives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
- Interprets sales policies, advises sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasizes the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies.
- Accurately forecasts new and renewal sales on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Hires and is very involved in early and on-going training of new sales executives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in software industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Banking and Financial Services industry and/or market segments. Knowledge of corporate software acquisition cycles.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Typically requires twelve years of experience in software sales, including five years in a leadership role, coordinating and/or supervising technical projects within the technology industry and two years in a formal management role. Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn