Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation's history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helps-customers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.”
Provides technical assistance for software pre-sale and post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges. Collaborates with account team to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value, prepares and presents software demonstrations.
- Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Delivers technical architecture related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term SAS/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Develops understanding of the sales cycle and concepts of business solution selling.
- Assists in preparing prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis.
- Provides timely follow up and communications to account team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to learn about an industry, market segments, or a specific area of industry.
- Familiarity with one hardware environment supported by the SAS System.
- Fundamental knowledge of SAS System tools preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Aptitude for programming proficiency preferred for prototyping.
- Developing ability to relate business problems to analytical technical solutions.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Ireland, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.