With over 40 years of innovation in analytics, big data and more recently in cloud solutions, SAS is the Global leader for in analytics. It is our employees who continue to push the boundaries and with your help, we will continue to change and expand the world of analytics.
By joining the SAS Consulting team, you will be the face of SAS during the implementation and delivery of SAS Solutions to our customers. Engaged onsite, you can be with a customer for a day or for more than a year depending on the scale of technology they have signed up for. This is a hands-on technical role offering variety in both specialization and industry exposure.
- In this role, you will be reporting to the Consulting Director, who is based in Singapore.
- You will provides analytical services independently or jointly with other departments to current and prospective customers. Develops statistical and analytical applications including SAS solution implementations for consulting sessions using knowledge of analytical methods and related SAS procedures and products.
- Provides statistical and/or analytical consulting services for customer engagements.
- Translates customer business needs into data requirements and analytical techniques.
- Conducts customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of base SAS software, SAS/STAT procedures, and statistical add-on SAS products such as Enterprise Miner and Forecast Server.
- Supports data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate analysis.
- Contributes and/or reviews proposals, documentation, publications, and course materials.
- Provides coaching and knowledge transfer in relevant expertise
- Serves as analytical lead for services that contain a statistical/analytical component, and can support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participates in in-house corporate training sessions containing statistical sessions for SAS training courses.
- Meets with on-site consulting clients and prospective clients while providing leadership to analytical team.
- Assists in the estimation and development of the scopes for consulting projects.
- Provides leadership expertise in positioning analytical services to both customers and internal teams.
- Works as mentor with junior members of the staff in developing their skills and knowledge.
- Takes a lead on business critical assignments and provides innovative solutions to resolve it.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Statistics/Actuarial/Quantitative Finance or closely related field with extensive knowledge in the application of statistics using the SAS system.
- Typically requires a minimum of six years’ experience analysing data and/or teaching, including at least three years using the SAS system. Relevant experience in an industry (specifically in BFSI, Telecom, Government or Retail) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of at least three operating systems supported by SAS software.
- Ability to communicate with and persuade people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Deep knowledge of SAS analytical offerings and putting code into production systems.
- Public speaking, consulting, or classroom teaching experience also preferred.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn