Responsible for internal sales management and leadership of inside sales.
- Plans and implements growth plans for new software sales working in conjunction with the goals of the sales organization within the business unit
- Works closely with marketing to create initiatives specifically targeted towards the territory
- Responsible for conceptualising and executing lead gen initiatives
- Builds relationships with SAS partners to increase coverage and capacity
- Works closely with pre sales resources to undertake customer visits if necessary
- Responsible for achievement of new software sales
- Responsible for client retention
- May be assigned an individual sales territory and supervises inside sales support staff
- Acts as a point of contact for customers who wish to escalate solution or service delivery issues
- Manages activities of training services sales department staff; provides leadership and direction on sales mission and account management practices; establishes and communicates departmental goals; facilitates individual goals and objectives
- Sets and reviews performance and sales goals for inside sales staff
- Assists inside sales representatives to meet goals in day-to-day performance, sales, and increased product knowledge
- Handles management responsibilities including hiring, training, delegating work assignments, reviewing performance, and giving feedback
- Interprets sales policies, advises representatives and sales assistants in the handling of sales and policy issues, and emphasizes the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies
- Determines equitable sales assignments and sets targets appropriately with input from field sales management where needed
- Manages training services sales efforts, such as defining territory account management and forecasting revenue expectations
- Works with other department managers to develop solution sales of training products and services
- Provides support and direction to account representatives in developing sales methods and business plans for sales of training products and services
- Conducts inside sales team meetings
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the hardware and software industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three industries and/or market segments
- Strong skills in the following areas: problem solving, interpersonal interactions, team building, leadership, strategic and conceptual sales, communication, and detail orientation
Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field
Typically requires eight years of experience in technical sales, marketing, data processing, or technology-related products or services sales and two years in a leadership role.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.