- Scope of responsibility includes growing, leading and managing assigned technical groups at SRDI. The current allocation includes Professional Services Competency Center (PSCC – offshore consulting), Alliances Technical Enablement, Customer Education and Customer Success Management.
- Interfaces include technical and advisory departments at SRDI, business sponsors and other executive / senior management stakeholders at headquarters (in Cary, NC, USA) and regions, for the various groups for which the person is responsible.
- At SRDI level contribution includes review and refinement of processes, practices and policies for SRDI as part of the Leadership team of SRDI, assistance in organizing knowledge management activities and events, and providing leadership in the implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Scope of influence includes executive and senior management of SRDI and of the various divisions in SAS headquarters and SAS regional offices. These include, but are not limited to US and Global Professional Services, Alliances Management, Customer Education and Customer Success Management divisions.
- Provide reliable service delivery through leadership of the group or practice, communicating and enforcing accountabilities of staff, accountable for results of customer / stakeholder satisfaction surveys and for the portfolio of projects, including project financials entailing:
- Offshore consulting delivery - Complete deadline-driven, team-based projects. Responsible for overall project(s) objectives, goals and technical requirements. Coordinate the efforts of teams of consultants to ensure that departmental and company targets and objectives are being met.
- Support / execute Alliance Management strategies & priorities – competency building, talent management, Global System Integrators (GSI) stakeholder management and enablement of GSI technical staff
- Support / execute global Customer Education strategies & priorities – competency building; interfacing with various SAS country offices to understand and prioritize their educational needs; and execute the education plan
- Support / execute Customer Success Management strategies and priorities – talent management, competency building and executing on HQ Customer Success Management team agenda. Establish budget and delivery schedules, based on project requirements and in consultation with stakeholders and project team members.
- Determine resource needs and make requests for personnel, equipment, and other resources; handle administrative management duties and recommend decisions on personnel issues.
- Ensure optimum utilization of staff allocated to the projects in the groups
- Provide input on the decision making process for administrative or operational matters and ensure operations’ effective achievement of objectives.
- Clarify processes and establish the infrastructure necessary to ensure successful collaborative efforts, including defining contacts, establishing regular meetings, and communicating pertinent information. Set performance standards and conduct regular performance appraisals for direct reports; ensure regular performance feedback is provided to division/department employees. Ensure that learning and development plans for the staff in the groups are prepared in a timely manner and track the implementation of the same.
- Interpret and execute applicable policies and procedures. Recommend modifications to operating procedures and policies in SRDI. Provide leadership in the implementation of improvement initiatives at SRDI. Assist in organizing knowledge management activities and events at department level and at SRDI.
- Participate with executive and senior management to develop strategic direction and priorities for the groups.
- Professionally represent SAS internally and with customers for business development, product demonstrations, resolution of issues and attend conferences/forums.
Background and Experience
- Minimum 15 years of professional/consulting services experience in the software technology domain.
- Successful track record of building and leading high-performance offshore consulting and software delivery teams engaged in customization and deployment of software solutions across the globe.
- Excellent strategic planning and execution skills and must possess both a broad level of technology understanding and substantial operations and financial acumen.
- Experience of working in global software organizations engaged in provision of Data Management (including Big Data ecosystem), Business Intelligence / Analytics programs and industry solutions is highly desired. Also highly desired is experience in many / all of these domains - Risk, Fraud, Regulatory Compliance and Customer Intelligence / Digital Marketing.
- Has most likely spent most of his/her career in technology consulting services with progression into consulting services management and has demonstrated the ability to manage teams during project planning and execution activities, in addition the ability to personally influence the delivery of complex, large-scale business driven technology solutions to Customers.
- Must have demonstrative evidence of success in a global, multicultural environment, and have a record of success in providing practical advice, support and programs. And an ability to lead diverse functional teams – including consulting, alliance management, customer success management and customer education.
Priority Skills and Abilities
- Broad technology understanding; experience in deployment, configuration and customization of enterprise software products. Experience developing and refining frameworks for professional services organizations including development of operational processes and compensation plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and motivate high performance teams of highly-experienced consultants and senior technical staff with diverse functional responsibilities (consulting, education, alliances enablement and customer success management).
- Well-developed team building and influencing skills, unquestionable integrity, and the experience, confidence and stature to effectively address sensitive people issues. Ability to develop staff - provide feedback and coaching, rewards, hard work and risk taking, take mentoring role, challenge and develop employees, accept mistakes, provide visibility / opportunities.
- Comfortable and effective working with global partners, understand global markets and international considerations.
- Strategic planning and execution including:
- Ability to create and communicate long-term vision, balance short and long term goals, keep own and team’s work aligned with overall goals, understand the market and predict change, understand the industry and the competition, create and adjust strategic plans.
- Effective decision making including:
- Ability to recognize and solve problems, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, seek inputs from others, root cause analysis, make timely decisions, make difficult decisions, use consensus when possible, and communicate decisions effectively to others.
- Leading change including:
- Supporting innovation and organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; supporting, initiating, sponsoring and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage to organization changes
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn