Directly manages a staff consisting of personnel within the Pre-Sales Support Job Families in order to provide sales consultation to SAS customers on our product and solution portfolio. Assists in the creation and implementation of sales initiatives, optimal staffing for sales support execution and the establishment of best practices that drive SAS revenue.
- Hires, develops and retains pre-sales professionals with the necessary skills to drive our business forward.
- Directly manages day to day activities of pre-sales staff and sales support activities.
- Determines utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Assigns areas of responsibility across team, including sales assignments or product specialty.
- Responsible for consistent team-wide delivery of SAS technology and solution- messages to customers in sales engagements.
- Provides overall leadership on initiatives and projects; coordinates with other business units & geographies to share best practices and approaches.
- Ensures adherence to sales plans and strategies.
- Assists and identifies key accounts, emerging technologies and initiative areas to determine strategies that maximize revenue.
- Makes decisions for team in support of regional goals and objectives; referring to upper management on major issues.
- Analyzes cost and effort of pre-sales support.
- Supports and reinforces best practices, with heavy emphasis on sales methodologies and consistency across the team.
- Works with sales management to fully qualify and manage the delivery of pre-sales Proof of Concept/Value engagements.
- Creates with customer a business case on SAS technology & solutions and calculates value for the customer
- Follows news/trends of SAS market to execute /fit SAS solutions and technology with business focus. (Campaigns, sales initiatives…)
- Ensures pre-sales team participation in activities that provide a strong transition to post-sales process and customer adoption.
- Administers all company policy and practices for employees in their organization.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining sales support best practices with emphasis on proven methodologies to drive new sales revenue.
- Oversees regional/sector pre- and post-sales solution strategy and technical architecture.
- Establishes audience with executive level contacts.
- Coordination of SAS activities with external customers, customer relationship events, and securing references.
- Helps identify and communicate approaches to improve SAS offerings and internal processes to meet new requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated management skills in a sales organization;
- Excellent knowledge and competence in multiple industry and market segments;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop clear business direction;
- Ability to lead and motivate a regional team, develop creative solutions to complex problems;
- Ability to work and learn independently;
- Demonstrated ability to interact productively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to travel.
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge of company’s marketing concepts.
- Ability to identify emerging opportunity areas
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Typically requires twelve years of experience in technical sales, marketing, or support. Five years of experience selling, supporting, or using applications with SAS. Five years in a leadership role with two years in a formal management role.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.