Responsible for selling SAS’ products to current and prospective customers, as part of the company’s low cost of sales channel. Inside Sales Prime Account Representatives primary focus is on selling a high number of lower cost SAS solutions. These solutions tend to have shorter selling cycles and are less complex in nature. All selling is done virtually over the telephone and other remote channels e.g. Email, LinkedIn etc.
- Focuses on incremental sales of SAS products to current and prospective customers.
- Executes marketing and lead generation initiatives specifically targeted towards the territory
- Builds relationships with SAS partners to increase coverage and capacity
- Works closely with pre sales resources to undertake customer visits if necessary
- Responsible for achievement of new software sales.
- Responsible for achievement of software renewals target.
- Participates in the development/execution of strategic territory and account plans.
- Fulfils a wide range of requests for information from current and prospective customers; qualifies level of opportunity and appropriate sales channel required.
- Generates incremental revenue through prospecting, cold-calling, up-selling and cross-selling activities within a territory or account.
- Identifies accounts with high “close” potential, qualifies opportunities thoroughly, and accurately forecasts timeframes to close business.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to uncover additional opportunities.
- Establishes relationships with varying levels of buyers within current and prospective accounts to determine training needs and advises them on appropriate solutions’ and works with training staff to implement proposed solutions.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other SAS departments to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements e.g. sells support and services that compliments existing software license.
- Keeps abreast of terminologies, basic software applications, operating systems, and hardware requirements. Keeps track of product availability.
- Develops an understanding of company pricing, policies and licensing procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Increased responsibilities in all activities related to account strategy and new revenue; assumes a consultative role in dealing with technology drivers and strategy.
- Prepares customer profiles based on needs analysis; prepares complex quotes and coordinates resources, and presents to highest management levels in the account.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Serves as a resource for other team/support members in all aspects of the Inside Sales role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Applies advanced prospecting and strategic selling techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of hardware and software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers, including comfortably engaging C-levels; ability to communicate technical and business concepts via phone and relate them to SAS system applications and user needs.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales on a consistent basis.
- Leverages in-depth knowledge of industry/market trends and complex business / finance concepts in selling.
- Broad knowledge of SAS products and solutions required.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, high volume sales environment.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to speak Mandarin or Japanese is highly desirable (as well as fluent English would be an asset)
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field.
Typically requires five years of experience in sales, or telesales in an industry related environment.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.