Responsible for selling SAS’s products to current and prospective customers, as part of the company’s low cost of sales channel. Work either collaboratively with the field sales organizations or independently to position and leverage sales opportunities in order to acquire, grow and retain customers within the assigned territory.
- Focuses on incremental sales of SAS products to current and prospective customers.
- Participates in the development/execution of strategic territory and account plans.
- Implements all aspects of territory and account management applicable revenue targets.
- Fulfils a wide range of requests for information from current and prospective customers; qualifies level of opportunity and appropriate sales channel required.
- Generates incremental revenue through lead follow up, social selling, prospecting, cold-calling, up-selling and cross-selling activities within a territory or account.
- Identifies accounts with high “close” potential, qualifies opportunities thoroughly, and accurately forecasts timeframes to close business. Build and maintain sufficient pipeline to achieve revenue goals.
- Prioritize sales engagements, customer inquiries and other activities to maximize revenue and territory performance.
- Follows up with customers to manage account relationship and to uncover additional opportunities.
- Establishes relationships with varying levels of buyers within current and prospective accounts to determine software, service and training needs.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other SAS departments to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements e.g. sells support documentation and services that compliments existing software license.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, terminologies, basic software applications, operating systems, and hardware requirements. Keeps track of product availability and software bundles.
- Use internal CRM to keep information about business accurate and up to date.
- Identify and facilitate various internal and external partner resources throughout sales cycle.
- Develops an understanding of company pricing, policies and licensing procedures. Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Increased responsibilities in all activities related to account strategy and new revenue; assumes a consultative role in dealing with technology drivers and strategy.
- Prepares customer profiles based on needs analysis; prepares complex quotes and coordinates resources, and presents to highest management levels in the account.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Independently performs all responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Applies advanced prospecting and strategic selling techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of hardware and software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers, including comfortably engaging C-levels; ability to communicate technical and business concepts via phone and relate them to SAS system applications and user needs.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate territory dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales on a consistent basis.
- Leverages in-depth knowledge of industry/market trends and complex business / finance concepts in selling.
- Broad knowledge of SAS products and solutions required.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, high volume sales environment.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field.
- Typically requires five years of experience in sales, or telesales in an industry related environment.
- Fluent English
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn