Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation's history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helps customers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.”
SAS is looking to hire a Business Development Consultant for it's German team. The role will involve daily B2B communication to prospective & current SAS customers and partners. BDC will engage in the execution of strategic sales and marketing activities involving prospective and /or current customers with a focus on prospect pipeline development and customer experience management in support of new business acquisition.
- Discovers and qualifies potential sales opportunities.
- Manages responses from marketing campaigns and online channels.
- Routes account intelligence, prospect intelligence and qualified prospects/leads to the appropriate sales organization.
- Manages event recruitment, confirmation and post-event follow-up, prospect list development, prospecting and appointment-setting campaigns.
- Provides call execution for sales programs and marketing lead generation campaigns and tracks results under the direction of Sales and Marketing management.
- Effectively initiates communication via the phone, email and chat to the highest level of management.
- Utilizes SAS selling concepts and techniques.
- Provides product and solution information to prospective and current customers, keeps up-to-date on knowledge of the industry, as well as competitive posture of company.
- Enters prospect and lead information into database and reporting systems in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing staffs to ensure that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS or other relevant discipline
- Experience in marketing, phone sales or a high-volume customer contact position. Specific industry-related experience (preferably in computer hardware/software, telecommunications industry) might be considered in combination with the above requirements
Candidate Profile and Characteristics
- Passionate sales people, with proven success in achieving & exceeding targets
- Commercially minded
- Customer/Client focused
- Persuasive & enthusiastic
- Excellent relationship builders
- Ability to impact and influence
- Results Focused
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn