SAS Australia is seeking a highly experienced Senior Technical Account Manager to join its Sydney team and take a place as an active leader as part of the Strategic Account Program.
As a Technical Account Manager you will serve as the primary technical contact between SAS and a major Australian Telco, acting as the technology advisor to business and IT, as well as the organisations senior management and executive teams. You will also be the client’s SAS technology champion and provide domain thought leadership and lead best practice discussions, to enable successful business outcomes such as the development of a joint technology roadmaps and the support of business process change to support the enhanced adoption of SAS technologies and solutions.
As the go to person for technology discussion, you are expected to closely collaborate with the Strategic Account Director to pursue business relationships and sales opportunities and provide expert business and technical inputs across the range of SAS products and solutions, including alignment with client business goals and IT strategy. This role will be actively involved in evangelising and selling the vision of SAS across all business and IT channels, developing the adoption and value derived from the organisations investment in SAS and positioning the SAS methodologies and approaches to implementing customers' solutions. You will be able to provide pre-sales leadership and trusted advice to promote the SAS vision in support of a client’s objectives and strategy.
Being successful in this role will require you to demonstrate experience in the following four key areas:
- To build highly effective business relationships and leverage extensive experience and knowledge towards common goals and objectives
- The ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations & lead and manage high impact workshops
- To effectively position complex technologies, solutions and methodologies
- Provide leadership towards building the sales capability to design and execute account strategies
- Provide continuity from the sales cycle into the delivery cycle
Technical & domain focus
- 5 years of Telco industry experience highly desirable
- Provide expert knowledge regarding complex technologies and solutions, quickly comprehends a multifaceted client landscape and applies expert judgement and advice
- To develop and maintain expert technology knowledge and skills around a wide range software products, being conversant on the use of the technology components and have a detailed understanding of how the components work and the implications on enabling the client vision
- Expert knowledge and problem solving skills
Presales Delivery focus
- Lead interactive customer discussions and workshops to develop complex solutions, based on vendor specific products and solutions
- Align technology capabilities and conceptualise client needs into solution roadmaps and implementation strategies
- To provide technology and solution leadership, to lead and control key milestone activities and outcomes
- To provide customer continuity and to ensure alignment with the customer vision.
- To provide pre-sales technology and solution leadership, demonstrating expert problem solving capabilities
- To establish and drive knowledge programs which educate the major Australian financial organisation in SAS best practice and methodologies
- To pro-actively participate in internal knowledge sharing and up-skilling of staff to achieve greater competence within Presales teams
- To build and leverage established networks that facilitate the escalation of technology and solution issues and remain at the forefront of new capabilities
Your background should include working with IT solution software vendors where in the capacity of pre-sales and/or delivery you have lead a pre-sales team engagement with a strategic client.
You will possess the following skills:
- Strong leadership & communication skills, demonstrates ownership and accountability and goal focused behaviours
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate a detailed functional and technical understanding of core technologies
- Ability to communicate, demonstrate and document value propositions and unique business value as related to technologies and services capabilities
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn