Participates and/or leads in design and implementation of complex solution architectures; participates in the design process; relates technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services projects. Focuses on the underlying SAS technology core and may specialize in specific technical issues such as security, data management, system integration, user interface. Assists the sales team with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- Analyzes all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and, working collaboratively with delivery technical lead or delivery technical architect, to translate sales technical vision into a detailed technical implementation proposal.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan, and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- Delivers standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS software as they apply to client needs.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Looks for opportunities to expand a tactical sale into something strategic for SAS and the client, utilizing SAS Technical Support to facilitate responses to issues that may impact a sales opportunity.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
Requirement Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated leader in architecture topics (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks at technical tracks for conferences and events)
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Must have thorough knowledge of industry standards, methodologies and SAS foundation technologies, architecture and resources.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Sound knowledge of various Operating Systems inclusive Unix/Linux and Windows.
- Strong experience of various web application servers such as Apache Tomcat, Pivotal Tomcat, Weblogic and Websphere
- Experience with database administration and tuning is an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in related field
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.